I just got a letter from GC in the mail about an after hours event this sunday as well as a $20 promotion card that says it should be treated as cash and can be used this weekend. Can I just get something $20 or under and buy it with the card? Did you get one? Talk.

Has anyone bought anything yet?
Last edited by kai29 at Aug 16, 2008,
Huh? I'll be looking for one of these. Normally GC's idea of sale is to bring out some blems and knock off 25%, while taking maybe 10% off everything else (IE pennies).
i got it too, and its cool becuase its not like those cheap old 10 percent off such and such but excluding the stuff you really want, it is a 20 dollar gift card to buy anything in the store, i can wait to go buy my one bag of picks...
oh wait
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
i got one too for $25

4 sets of strings for free..
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
yea, if you've spent a ton of **** at GC, you'll get one; of if you've bought like a decent guitar; and by decent, i mean like 600 + bucks. ^_^

Yea, mine said to come afterhours for a meet and greet with the manager and exclusive prefered buyer savings.

Of course it's on the day I start my vacation and am 3 hours away from my local GC. >_>_>
Since the change of ownership the sales at GC suck ballz
Fender Highway 1 Fat Strat
Fender MIM Standard Strat(EMG SL-20 loaded pickguard)
Gibson Les Paul Special
PRS SE singlecut
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Vox Valvetronix AD50-VT
Fender Blues Jr
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by FireandFlames
wtf i didn't get one

Cause you joined UG after Kai.

Dude, what can you get with $20? I'd rather take money and get a discount off something bigger.
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by Moe.
Cause you joined UG after Kai.

Dude, what can you get with $20? I'd rather take money and get a discount off something bigger.

Strings? Also, 20 bucks off is better than 20% for pedals less than $100.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Strings? Also, 20 bucks off is better than 20% for pedals less than $100.

Yeah I guess strings. But I'd rather use the $20 off voucher with a larger purchase, but that's just me.
wow i didnt get one. i buy all my strings and picks and straps and fingerease there. i bought my strat and practice amp there too. mother****ers. GC is ****. they overprice **** and they give discounts to people who dont live near them. the **** is that? i live under 15 minutes from GC. ****. hmmm i think they do that so people can travel long distances and realize that they traveled all the way there for only 20 bucks off. then people spend money. **** i want a ****ing chorus
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
wow i didnt get one. i buy all my strings and picks and straps and fingerease there. i bought my strat and practice amp there too. mother****ers. GC is ****. they overprice **** and they give discounts to people who dont live near them. the **** is that? i live under 15 minutes from GC. ****. hmmm i think they do that so people can travel long distances and realize that they traveled all the way there for only 20 bucks off. then people spend money. **** i want a ****ing chorus

I'd like to see you come over here and then say that.
Be grateful for what you've got instead of whining about what you want.
Quote by Moe.
I'd like to see you come over here and then say that.
Be grateful for what you've got instead of whining about what you want.

it is overpriced. they dont give you free picks when you buy stuff anymore. i can't buy strings or anything like that. it's so sad. i'm grateful but then again i'm only human and i have my desires
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
it is overpriced. they dont give you free picks when you buy stuff anymore. i can't buy strings or anything like that. it's so sad. i'm grateful but then again i'm only human and i have my desires

Picks are cheap man. Strings are cheap too. I'd much rather have GC's prices than Australia's.
I didn't get **** in the mail.

Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by FloyDZeD
I didn't get **** in the mail.

Be glad you didn't get **** in the mail. I'm not sure how the mailman would feel delivering that to peoples houses.

Hurr, I so edgy I maek post with literal sense hurr
I got a $20.00 gift card too. I'm not too interestd in meeting the General Manager but I sure as hell could use several packs of new strings.
so you guys know the picks that are allways laying around guitar center? are those free because i allways go there and seriously take like 20
Quote by L_Z_Nut
Who is this "Billy Joe Armstrong" you guys are talking about..... sounds made up to me.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
my penis is like 6 inches. i measured with a measuring tape and accidentally let it go, so i have cuts down the side.

RIP heaven's gate
BUY SOMETHING IN THE AFTER HOURS SPECIAL.

I went today and since i'm going away tommorow, they gave me the instore discount for sunday.

For guitars 999.99 and under, you get 15% off!

I just got a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (2008 model) for 594!!!!! plus tax, obviously. ^_^