the ultimate guitar.
a guitar that can do all types of music amazingly?
i know i am going to get all types of responses from this but im just curious if we can narrow it down to just one or two guitars.
if it cant do all types of guitar music amazing then it isnt an ultimate guitar.
(yes i got the idea for this thread from the name of this site)
Well any guitar with a mix of pickups could be good, like an HSS config, but the amp really does play a major role.

I've heard PRS makes very versatile guitars, though.
I don't like your tone of text, but okay...

You want my opinion? I suppose I'd have to say Fender HSS Strat but I will get flamed, for sure. I find it very versatile, and I wouldn't need anything else as it gets as versatile as I want it. (I have an SSS, but I'm swapping the bridge pup soon, since I recently tried out an American HSS Strat and wished I had gotten it from the get-go).
sorry you dont like my tone of text
i wasnt trying to be a jerk or anything
and im not flaming you for the hss strat
its a great guitar and pretty versatile
Ibanez Herman Li E-Gen.

Flame on.

RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Aug 11, 2008,
Yeah, not sure how good the Dimarzio pickups are... he used Evos before, so my guess is that they are somewhat similar.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Ibanez Herman Li E-Gen.

I agree, most definitely; brilliant switching system.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Meh a lot of people like to suggest a HSS Strat, but there are a lot more versatile guitars, there are a lot of guitars out there with HH, HSH, HSS configs that are can be coil tap/ split and a lot of other various things done to change the tone/ sound that aren't expensive. Parker, Godin, Michael Kelly to name a few.
Well, the VG Stratocaster will accurately model many different guitars including baritone, 12 string, acoustic, Tele, Drop D and many more, plus it is a real American Standard Stratocaster guitar. The changes can be done live on stage with a little practice. Also the Line 6 Variacs will model many different types also, but I have never played or heard one myself.
Quote by Gage2k5
Well, the VG Stratocaster will accurately model many different guitars including baritone, 12 string, acoustic, Tele, Drop D and many more, plus it is a real American Standard Stratocaster guitar. The changes can be done live on stage with a little practice. Also the Line 6 Variacs will model many different types also, but I have never played or heard one myself.

A Strat with a built-in computer will never accurately model different guitars, at least not today.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
A Strat with a built-in computer will never accurately model different guitars, at least not today.

It is subjective. If you are a purist with a very experienced ear or in the lab with an oscilloscope, you will be able to tell the difference, but the average person out in the audience will not be able to tell if you are playing a real Tele or a VG modeling one, a real 12 string or a VG modeling one. And I would bet most of them will not even care.... as long as it sounds good!
Quote by Gage2k5
It is subjective. If you are a purist with a very experienced ear or in the lab with an oscilloscope, you will be able to tell the difference, but the average person out in the audience will not be able to tell if you are playing a real Tele or a VG modeling one, a real 12 string or a VG modeling one. And I would bet most of them will not even care.... as long as it sounds good!

It's just that you said accurately, like 100% accurate.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
It's just that you said accurately, like 100% accurate.

That is accurate! I did say that...I stand corrected!