Like the title says, I'm looking for that warwick sound.

(more specifically: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Warwick-Dolphin-Pro-I-5String-Bass?sku=519125)

Though in a four-string bass alot cheaper($200-$500 maybe?).

Basically I'm looking to start playing bass, because I feel in love the moment I played my first one. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Last edited by supergeek84 at Aug 11, 2008,
Get a Rockbass or look out for a cheap used Warwick or Spector.
Quote by TormentedRx
Looking for a Warwick sound?

Get a Warwick!

Not all of us are made of money pal.
Quote by supergeek84
Not all of us are made of money pal.

To be totally honest, his advice was solid. Unless you get a warwick, it's nearly impossible to get that sound; especially in that price range. Look for a Rockbass, that's as close as you'll get.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12
To be totally honest, his advice was solid. Unless you get a warwick, it's nearly impossible to get that sound; especially in that price range. Look for a Rockbass, that's as close as you'll get.

Ok thanks, like I said I'm new to basses. Any other opinions?
I'd look at cheap Rockbasses, Spectors, and Schecter Stilettos. They're all nice and versatile, yet retain some growl similar to the trademark Warwick tone. Warwick uses many exotic woods in their basses, and the sound is very unique as a direct result. You'll never get a Warwick sound without a Warwick, although you can get close.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Darkice
You can get a warwick of ebay used for a lot cheaper

Yeah I'd definitly look used. I've seen quite a few Corvettes go for $600, only $100 more than your budget.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Well if you want the Warwick sound, save up a little more and hope you can get a Corvette for around 600-700. IMO Rockbasses are pretty much more Fender than Warwick. Sure they have MEC, but 1 piece bridge, choice of woods, all scream Fender.

Oh, higher end Warwicks are ridiculous. I've never met a "real" person who owns a bass that they paid that much for. By "real" I mean someone who doesn't play music for a living.