Guys, just bought it brand new from local guitar store, compared to my Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, it has a huge difference between these 2 amp. liked the tube sound it produced, from crystal clear clean fender blackface to even metal, its a perfect small tube practice amp.

Although you can get Super champ xd 15watter by adding just abit, however i dont do any gigging, so just this All tube 5Watt Class A amp will do. really recommend it.
Last edited by RottyDog at Aug 20, 2008,
Yeah, I've got the super champ xd and thought it sounded much better than the vox ad series.

Glad you found an amp you like and suits your needs

one thing is about tube changing and tube biasing, though its still too early to ask but just wondering whats the procedure of doing it? do i need to do the biasing even if its just with 1 single power amp tube?

thanks
more than likely you don't have to worry about biasing. good to hear you got an amp you really like, i still believe the vox AD series has the most tweakable of any FX on any SS/modeler amp.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
You shouldn't need to worry about biasing. But if you do, it's kind of complicated if you don't know what you're doing. You have to take out the chassis and measure voltage with meter leads and a multimeter.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
You don't need to bias single ended amps, so no bias.

Glad you like it! I've tried the Super Champ XD and IMO it's a great amp! I find it better compared to Valvetronix. Actually I'd take one over a VJ or Blackheart for home use!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
^ yeah, you shouldn't have to bias the 5 watter. i liked the one i tried too, i thought it would be a gimmick, but was pleasantly surprised.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
niftiness, i was thinking about buying either this amp or its non-modeling brother (the champion 600) later this year, so this is very good news.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
thanks for all ur feebacks guys, really appreciate it, glad i dont have to worry about biasing, will change to better 6v6 tube once the stocks wears out.

thanks.
guys, fyi i just uploaded a few Vibro Champ XD amp demo clips to youtube, as well as my Yamaha LL6 Acoustic guitar.

Please forgive my *****y playing in advance...

Video LINKS

Cheers.
Last edited by RottyDog at Aug 20, 2008,
hi, fyi i used just my crappy webcam to record directly with my acoustic guitar, not connected to anything else.

cheers.
I'm planning on buying a Super Champ really soon. My local music shop just ordered 4 Super Champs and I'm counting the days until they arrive.
yupyup id say go ahead, actually 15watter super champ are more worth for the price as u can get 2 channel, one clean and one with modelling for just a tad more, however i worried if its too freaking loud for home used. but anyway its a great amp for the price.