Ok guys, this struck me this morning as I was walking around Madison, WI. Bear in mind that I'm not actually looking for a new bass, but i was curious.

Does anyone know if there is a company that makes a V-shaped bass (think Dean Razorback V) that people actually like? All the basses I've heard of, people generally dismiss as crap. I challenge you to find a good one.

Thanks
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
I dunno. I think dean does. but ive never played one.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
There's a reason high-end companies avoid V shaped basses. It just isn't a great design for a bass.
yeah. Dean has some V shaped basses.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by smb
There's a reason high-end companies avoid V shaped basses. It just isn't a great design for a bass.

i dunno I think they look good. I have a custom V and its beautiful.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Gibson does theres this one video by the all american rejects,the singers uses a v-shape bass
My Gear

Esp M-II
Jackson Demmelition V
PRS Santana SE
Mesa/Boogie 5:50
The bass your talking about wawai is a Jackson and all the stuff I've seen he's barely used it. He normally plays a Fender P-bass.
Last edited by quicksilver25 at Aug 11, 2008,
Quote by IndianRockStar
lol @ oxymoron.

The V shape won't work well for a bass. For that matter, the balance on V guitars is off too.

Yeah, the size of the tuning keys on a bass plus the reduced weight of a V would be crazy neck dive.
All your base are belong to us.
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
Yeah, the size of the tuning keys on a bass plus the reduced weight of a V would be crazy neck dive.

Yeah, My guitarist bought a V for his studio and he stopped playing it because of the neck dive. It was almost as bad as a T-bird.