Ok, before I even start this, I'd like to make clear that I am, in fact, broke =)

So yesterday I received as a gift a Digitech RP250. I tried running it through my G-Dec Junior. Again, I have it because I don't have the cash to buy anything better. When I used it, I set my amp to the acoustic setting(theres no clean, only acoustic), turned the the gain down the zero, and the tone to 5. Whenever I put the amp even moderately loud, even a hard pluck would cause the amp to crackle. And when I used any of the more distorted presets, I'd have to turn the tone down to 1 or 2 and the volume down considerably.

Now, my problem. Should I hold onto the RP250 until I get a better amp(in 4 months), or exchange it for $150 in store credit. And if I exchange it for store credit, what should I get?
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
You create presets on the RP250 (a clean preset if you want)... just read the manual
Or you can just tap both pedals at the same time so you can bypass the RP and just get the clean signal.
I know I can make clean presets, but I want some nice distorted sounds, and it causes problems with my amp, which is my problem. I think the crackling is coming from the amp because it can't handle decent distortion
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.