Ok pit I am getting a new laptop, but I don't what to get, definitely need a lot of memory. Price isn't much of a problem, but nothing outrageously expensive. And maybe a webcam (do those come on laptops).
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
a dell inspiron.thats what i have and its pretty good.and it has a webcam that takes pics and vids
Quote by Rush_fan2112
i want to walk down the streets of a very large, populized city (one like toronto, or new york) wearing a wonder woman costume and eating a stick of butter

Quote by figsandbobo
I can eat a 16" no problem.
Macbook air.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Whatever you get, just make sure it has at least 2GB of memory and a Core 2 Duo that is 2.0GHz or faster.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
i'll sell you this baby for 500 bucks

"Google Images is useless. I used it once to search for a photo of farm equipment and it showed me twenty thousand pictures of horse dicks."
Quote by Xiaoxi
Whatever you get, just make sure it has at least 2GB of memory and a Core 2 Duo that is 2.0GHz or faster.

affirmative. and dedicated graphics, not integrated, if you wanna play games.
Quote by chris024
what do you need it for?

Well I'll use it for music, school research, maybe some games, it's an alternative to the desktop we own because my family is going wireless. and getting rid of our desktop.
grok it.

SKREAM!

2GB is the standard to memory. Ramp it up to 3 or 4GB, it's not expensive. I like HP and Sony myself. Sony is kinda overpriced usually, so see if you can get yourself a reasonably priced mid-range Sony or a mid-high HP.

Make sure it has mid-range ATI or nVidia graphics so you can play a few games. None but the most expensive laptops with ****ty battery life will give you good quality game-play with the latest titles.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
apple has a deal if you buy a mac, you get a free itouch or nano. sounds good to me
I see no sign of fortress.
seriously just skip all the problems and wishing you would've could've should'ves and just get a mac

why do you think mac people are such geeks who swear by their macs like its a religion? because they work and they dont stop working

i wish i would have just gotten one in the first place, but now i have to wait til i cant keep fixing this one. *its a dell inspiron

dells are def. better than HPs and Toshibas and others, but a mac would still be better
Quote by dougl126
seriously just skip all the problems and wishing you would've could've should'ves and just get a mac

why do you think mac people are such geeks who swear by their macs like its a religion? because they work and they dont stop working

i wish i would have just gotten one in the first place, but now i have to wait til i cant keep fixing this one. *its a dell inspiron

dells are def. better than HPs and Toshibas and others, but a mac would still be better

why would i pay more for a less functional computer.
Can I buy a new laptop with XP or do I have to get vista?
grok it.

SKREAM!

Get a macbook pro.

The regular macbook has integrated, not dedicated graphics.

The pro will do the job.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by JeanMi36
Get a macbook pro.

The regular macbook has integrated, not dedicated graphics.

The pro will do the job.

does that make a difference, sorry if i come off as ignorant, I don't know to much about computers
Because the pro is a bit expensive
grok it.

SKREAM!

Don't listen to the guy trying to get you to buy a Mac Air, they don't have a disc drive and thats pretty stupid, plus if you drop it you're screwed. Just get a MacBook Pro. Comes with 250GB hard drive, and everything a musician needs. Plus you can always put some kind of audio program on there like ProTools or Soundtrack or whatever works best with your budget. Once you go mac, you'll never go back...
what it comes down to is: are you going to play games or no? don't get a pro if you're not going to. a regular macbook would suffice (works well for me)

hah, sorry i forgot, macs can't play many games
I see no sign of fortress.
I promise you it'll be worth your money. If you don't believe me, just go to an Apple story and play around with some of the laptops.
I'll explain this to you real quick:

Microsoft dropped support for XP and stopped manufacturing it altogether one month ago. If you call them up about it now, they'll tell you to go buy Vista. The tentative release date for Windows 7 is 2010, and almost no retail stores have any copies of XP left or in transit.

You're "stuck" with Vista. Now, Vista itself has a much worse reputation than it deserves. XP had the same kind of issues Vista had when it came out, and look at what people think about XP now. Vista has a lot of great features at a tradeoff; You have to have a reasonably powerful PC to run it smoothly. Any laptop or desktop sold in a store like Best Buy, Staples or Circuit City is equipped to run Vista as intended right out of the box. And the operating system itself is only going to get better as time goes along. Windows is the standard right now. Mac is catching up, but Windows is still the standard in american homes and businesses. Period.

As far as Macs are concenred, you might actually want to stay away from them depending on your major. Most business courses don't allow usage of Macs due to the lack of programs similar to those that can be used with Windows.

Macs are very powerful and very efficient machines, but they come at a cost. You'll have a hard time playing games like you would on a Windows machine, there are questions of compatibility as far as communication goes with your Windows buddies, and the warranties are a little different.

Also, Macs in Best Buy START at $1,200.

Windows based PC's in that store usually end at that price point (even gaming laptops), and they have way more powerful hardware.

Just weigh the pros and cons of each operating system, then it's just a matter of what you want to use the laptop for. It's hard to go wrong once you have an OS picked out.
mmmmmmhmmm

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Hard Attack thank you
I was doubting Mac because they seem to be expensive and pretty much the same as windows and now for sure I'm getting windows.
grok it.

SKREAM!

My pleasure to help. What I just did is my current job in the real world. I just got home from work at 7 and it appears that now I'm on the sales floor even when I'm at home.

Quote by Masonpwiley
If you think Vista sucks, you haven't used it. Or when you did, it was already set in your my that it sucks.

Look at this: http://www.mojaveexperiment.com/?WT.srch=1

Thank you for mentioning that. I forgot about that link during my post. I wanted to mention that little experiment.
mmmmmmhmmm

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Last edited by HardAttack at Aug 11, 2008,
Since money isn't going to matter, go for the Macbook Pro. They may be a bit more expensive, but you'll be able to play most games. At least you'll be able to play CoD4. And besides, when you need windows, just install a copy on the macbook.

EDIT: I'm too late.
Last edited by snausages at Aug 11, 2008,
Stay away from Mac's they are overpriced I would rather get the Sager NP8660 that outperforms the Macbook Pro for cheaper... I would go for HP DV5T or the Dell M1530, but you want to be careful of the GeForce 8400M 8600M cause of the overheating issues. If you want great advice about laptops I would go to notebookreviews.com
Failure is a far greater teacher than success.
Unified

Gear:
Schecter C-1
Peavey Classic 30
Roland Cube 30
DD-3
Ibanez WD-7
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
i'm thinking that next time i get a computer i'll get a decent pc and run linux on that bitch. i dislike vista for one good reason, i dislike tons of small changes. I say take it all the way of leave it the same but i will not stand for "My Computer" to simply be called "Computer". I don't want just any damn "Computer" I want "My Computer. Curse you vista and all of your small little tweaks and changes that make me adapt!
.|......|....|
=--
.............|

an unsaturated fattylolcid.
Quote by arizonagt
i'm thinking that next time i get a computer i'll get a decent pc and run linux on that bitch. i dislike vista for one good reason, i dislike tons of small changes. I say take it all the way of leave it the same but i will not stand for "My Computer" to simply be called "Computer". I don't want just any damn "Computer" I want "My Computer. Curse you vista and all of your small little tweaks and changes that make me adapt!

You can rename the desktop icon to My Computer...
Quote by snausages
You can rename the desktop icon to My Computer...

But on the start menu it still says "Computer". I refuse to adapt .
.|......|....|
=--
.............|

Ubuntu. Stable. Free. No anti-virus software needed and loads of free software.
Quote by n2dabloo
Ubuntu. Stable. Free. No anti-virus software needed and loads of free software.

no real problems with it?

i'm guessing it takes up a ****load less memory than vista.
.|......|....|
=--
.............|

I also agree with the people telling you to buy a Macbok Pro. It has a large enough screen, and supports games. If you can't find the game that you want for the Mac operating system, run bootcamp/parallels and you can run Windows. Also, Mac is better equipped for people who record music, which I'm assuming you'd most likely do. The people who give Apple **** is because they haven't tried their new releases yet, but tried their products from many years ago, or just have only heard what other people said about Macs being ****ty.
Quote by Gerald The Mous
I also agree with the people telling you to buy a Macbok Pro. It has a large enough screen, and supports games. If you can't find the game that you want for the Mac operating system, run bootcamp/parallels and you can run Windows. Also, Mac is better equipped for people who record music, which I'm assuming you'd most likely do. The people who give Apple **** is because they haven't tried their new releases yet, but tried their products from many years ago, or just have only heard what other people said about Macs being ****ty.

you're completely pulling that fact out of nowhere. i use mac all the time and i hate it every time i use it, my sister has one, my best friend has one, honestly man they don't even have a right click button.
Quote by tona_107
you're completely pulling that fact out of nowhere. i use mac all the time and i hate it every time i use it, my sister has one, my best friend has one, honestly man they don't even have a right click button.
Have you even played around with the options? Right now. Click the apple button the top right hand corner of the screen. And go to preferences. Go to keyboard and mouse, and you can add your right mouse button.
Quote by Gerald The Mous
Have you even played around with the options? Right now. Click the apple button the top right hand corner of the screen. And go to preferences. Go to keyboard and mouse, and you can add your right mouse button.

i use a laptop there is physically no right click button. and you aren't given access to all the system tools and files that you are on pc. it's honestly computers for retards (or people who aren't experienced with computers).
Honestly man, Macs are pretty bad for gaming. Laptops are bad enough as it it, let alone a mac laptop. You're guarenteed to get better hardware and performance in an x86 PC with Windows on it.

Dont forget, it costs you memory and processing power to run Parallels. Resources you could be spending on the game by itself.
mmmmmmhmmm

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Anyone wanting to buy a laptop should stay away from Mac. Absolutely crappy computers that are joked by hippies.

If you want a strong processing computer with good gaming function, go for a Sager.

I bought a quadcore laptop with SLI 9800M, 4 gig of ram, 3 hard drives, webcam, bluetooth, etc
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

Okay assuming this thread is still about me, don't worry to much about gaming it's not that important to me i just want I nice smooth running laptop.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Quote by dubstar92
Hard Attack thank you
I was doubting Mac because they seem to be expensive and pretty much the same as windows and now for sure I'm getting windows.

Lol, they aren't the same. They are totally different.....
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .
Quote by Terror Kovenant
Anyone wanting to buy a laptop should stay away from Mac. Absolutely crappy computers that are joked by hippies.

If you want a strong processing computer with good gaming function, go for a Sager.

I bought a quadcore laptop with SLI 9800M, 4 gig of ram, 3 hard drives, webcam, bluetooth, etc

my dell with 4 gig of ram and one HDD is pretty thick. With three, it'd be pretty big. even at laptop sizes.
I've almost finished.