Well, my first electrics been sitting around in a million pieces, the necks busted in half, and, I've been planning to do something with it eventually, and now's eventually... I'm going to turn it into a Les Paul Junior... Sunburst

Anywho, same old classic design... Pics will be up soon..

Incase you're wondering, heres the guitar I'm starting with.. http://www.dv247.com/assets/products/37109_l.jpg
Change in plans... **** sunburst, I'm going togo for asort of Melissa Auf De Maur sort of colour scheme... Silver sparkle with a mirror pickguard...
sounds pretty awesome, should be pretty straight forward. nice and easy, the tone is still in the same spot, just more the volume to the toggle, then fill the old volume hole, take the neck pick up out, if you dont care about the sound you can always just cover the whole with the lp jr pick guard. how are you planning on doing the mirror pick guard finish though? only way i could think to do it is with some sort of silver leaf, but im not sure. the silver sparkle could be pretty awesome.

hope this works out though!
I'm going toorder theLP Junior Silver Brushed Pickguard, sorry myspacebar is screwed up... will theJunior pickguard coover up theneck pickup hole?
Quote by Zex.
I'm going toorder theLP Junior Silver Brushed Pickguard, sorry myspacebar is screwed up... will theJunior pickguard coover up theneck pickup hole?

i think a tiny bit might be showing in the bottom left hand corner, if you're repainting just add something to patch it maybe, i dont know. im not an expert.
Dad came home with a palm sander the other day.. So, the bodies almost done being sanded.. I must be honest, the wood used in this guitar is AWFUL! I was sanding the front thinking, wow, this wood's great. My opinion changed after I got passed the laminate.. I'm considering building a new body?
GENUINE FENDER VINTAGE FRET WIRE
Item # 099-2014-000 $12.79 USD

GOTOH VINTAGE 3+3 TUNERS NICKEL BUTTON
Item # TK-0875-001 $38.79 USD

GENUINE GIBSON P-90 DOGEAR PICKUP W/ BLACK COVER
Item # IMP9R-BD $104.79 USD

FENDER STYLE NICKEL STRAP BUTTON KIT
Item # AP-0670-001 $2.49 USD

(10) WHITE FELT STRAP BUTTON WASHERS
Item # AP-0674-025 $3.99 USD

CHROME BAR STRING TREE KIT
Item # AP 0724-010 $3.79 USD

CHROME CUP JACKPLATE FOR FENDER TELE
Item # AP-0275-010 $2.99 USD

CHROME FLAT TOP BARREL KNOBS
Item # MK 0115-010 $10.99 USD

GENUINE FENDER TBX CONTROL POT
Item # 099-2052-000 $14.79 USD

GENUINE FENDER 500k SPLIT SHAFT CONTROL POT
Item # 099-0834-000

I'm gonna order the mirror pickguard from WD Music, and possibly a fretboard/neck blank from Warmoth..

Also, I want the neck to play like a Fender, and I want it to have a headstock based on this...
http://www.univox.org/pics/guitars/hiflier/phase2_sunburst.jpg
Last edited by Zex. at Aug 22, 2008,
Yeah, practically robbing me, hahaha. But, atleast I get ten, I'm more concerned about the 100 dollar Gibson pickup!
Last edited by Zex. at Aug 22, 2008,
Nope, but what I'm paying isn't too bad if you look overall... Parts are expensive.