Im planning to buy a brand new metal muff and MXR Carbon copy from eBay since the sellers of the effects here in the Philippines over-price those effects by more than 50%. Should I trust eBay?
Metal is my RELIGION, Judas is my priest.
Yeah it's great. I got my practice amp for 30 bucks! Retails for about 150 too.
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
I've never had any trouble with ebay. Most of my pedals are off of there, and I'm looking to add a couple more from there in the near future.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Here is a tip from a friend who is a dealer: Most guitars on ebay need setups when you get them, either from environment change, or because the person never kept up on the guitar. Just make sure if you ask question, you get clear/satisfactory answers. If they act dodgy, chances are they are hiding something.
buy form shops is what i can tell yeah
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
The best way is to be catious, if you do that, it is almost garunteed everything will work fine. Check out the feedback on the seller, and maybe even more important, check how many sales they have, what they are selling, etc. If anything looks fishy dont do it, but if it all checks out it really should be safe.

An example of being fishy, my friend found a good deal on a very nice computer on ebay with a cheap buy it now, and the seller had a high rating and a ton of sales. He checked out the previous sales, and it was like 500 sets of forks and spoons. Something like that should be a bit of a red flag.
Go for it, although myself, personally, I would not buy anything more than $300-400.
Quote by bigtee212
The best way is to be catious, if you do that, it is almost garunteed everything will work fine. Check out the feedback on the seller, and maybe even more important, check how many sales they have, what they are selling, etc. If anything looks fishy dont do it, but if it all checks out it really should be safe.

An example of being fishy, my friend found a good deal on a very nice computer on ebay with a cheap buy it now, and the seller had a high rating and a ton of sales. He checked out the previous sales, and it was like 500 sets of forks and spoons. Something like that should be a bit of a red flag.

This guy hit the nail on the head. I've bought a $650 amp and a few pedals off eBay and they both came out fine. I would try to have at least 100 sales if possible, unless all their other items were expensive.
GMO INC.
i wouldnt worry about anything electronic off of ebay except maybe tube amps the stuff you have to watch out for is the guitars because they still "work" if the neck is warped or the switch is intermitent or the fretboard is tore up where electronics either work or dont for the most part and most people wouldn't try to get away with selling a jankey one that doesn't work period like they would with a semi screwed up guitar.
I bought a $800 guitar and it turned out ridiculously awesome. I guess all I can say is definately check what they have sold in the past and check their ratings.
as long as they have a good rating, I don't think you should have anything to worry about...
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
I bought my guitar, amp head, and pedal from Ebay.

The guitar came needing a setup, which was a quick fix. The Amp head needs a tube replacement, which will be a quick fix, and the Pedal (Boss SD-1) Stuffed up on me. It's under warranty though as it was brand new.

Edit: The guitar cost me $700 shipped from America to Australia, and the Amp head cost $1500.
If you're sensible you shouldn't get scammed.
Signatures are overrated.