i'll post some pics of kork when i get un-lazier. untill then, busty supermodels in french maid uniforms playing vollyball in a pool of VAULT while flavor flave and carlos santana perform a live cover of the regina spektor song 'fidelity'.

*edit, my camera's ****ed, gimme a day or two.*
Last edited by SEANOmd at Aug 12, 2008,
Quick!!! is the electromatic hollowbody G5120 series worth it?
its that or an america tele as my next big save up target...
Mal: "Doctor, I'm taking your sister under my protection here. If anything happens to her, anything at all, I swear to you, I will get very choked up. Honestly, there could be tears." FIREFLY RULES!!!
Quote by Imafrog
Quick!!! is the electromatic hollowbody G5120 series worth it?
its that or an america tele as my next big save up target...

YEAH, I lovelveovleovelveovl mine<3 It's so sexy. I got it in orange
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
welll, thats the thing...all sorts.
Having said that i love the living end, stray cats and so on (dont flame for it!) and also jam jazz with my HS buddies...but I play all sorts. I love both guitars, soop it would be interesting to here owners experirences of them....if i got a 5120 it would hopefully be in white....the tele? Cream,white or clear so u see the ash....
Mal: "Doctor, I'm taking your sister under my protection here. If anything happens to her, anything at all, I swear to you, I will get very choked up. Honestly, there could be tears." FIREFLY RULES!!!
They don't sell the G5120 in white.

And it plays stray cats beautifully, it inspired me to learn stuff like that.

It really is a great guitar though, I love it. it'll handle anything (except metal) with a noise suppressor, I play some high gain punk and it gives a great thick distortion
Peavey 6505+
Gretsch G5120
they do here in oz...I played on a week ago....maybe so kids want to look like chris cheney can get it cheeper than 6 grand for a falcon......

So do they have mini humbuckers or what? What are the pickups on the gretsch?
I wish I could afford a nice Gretsch. I've always wanted a White Falcon *drool*. *sigh*One day...
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Quote by Malarkatron
I wish I could afford a nice Gretsch. I've always wanted a White Falcon *drool*. *sigh*One day...

a shop by me had a white falcon with a badly set neck it was set with the fretboard at an epic tilt so it was completely unplayable without some serious work. shocking.

But apart from that i like gretsch, i'd be a gretsch player if i could afford one.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
OK, a Gretschy question. I love the way they look and every time I see an Electromatic I have to be physically restrained from buying it. But I'm not sure if it will suit the sound I'm after, which is mainly chime - I play Radiohead, The Smiths, REM and that sort of noise along with a lot of post-rock (like Mogwai, Explosions In The Sky...). I imagine single-coil pickups on a hollowbody means ultimate chime, is that the case?

Also, what's tuning stability like on an Electromatic with the Bigsby? My Ibanez has a Bigsby-type vibrato (not a proper B, some Far Eastern rip-off of one) and if I use it the guitar goes horrendously out of tune immediately.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
I don't know about the electromatic (the one for $850)

but bigsbys are great, I whale on mine all the time and play shows with it and it doesn't go outta tune, kinda amazing. The only time it goes outta tune is when the spring holding it in place falls outta place (which happens only if you dive out too hard)
Peavey 6505+
Gretsch G5120
That's alright then, I probably won't do any dives on it, just atmospheric wobbles and feedback-based noise.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
frog- if you like jazz, i'd say the gretsch, but play them both in the store with the same setup as the one you'll play with at home, and pick the one you like the most/ feels most comfortable/ rocks hardest. they're both fine guitars.