Hey guys!

I love my LTD MH-400 to death, but one gripe I can say I most definitely have is that the tremolo is licensed and doesn't stay in tune as well as I'd like it to.

I really really want to get an Original, but I don't know I'll be able to, because I don't really know if the Originals fit the exact same as the Licensed ones.

If I got an original one, what would I have to do to put it on? Would it fit perfectly in place so that all I have to do is simply take it off and put the new one in, or what? And would I need to change the springs and stuff as well?

Thanks a bunch! If you want to see my guitar so you can tell if an Original will fit on it, I have a picture of it on my profile
Gear:
-Krank Krankenstein JR 50W
-Orange PPC112 w/ Celestion Vintage 30
-Gibson Les Paul Studio (white)
-Gibson Flying V
-MXR Carbon Copy
-Digitech Whammy
-Digitech JamMan
-Boss SD-1
-Epiphone Hummingbird
Last edited by WenisWeasel at Aug 12, 2008,
Most licensed fit originals, so I think you should be fine. Besides, aren't the LFR on the MH pretty good? My friend has never had a problem with it going out of tune.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Ok. So if/when I do get my original, do I replace EVERYTHING with the Original parts?

The licensed is pretty good, and when setup properly it keeps tune alot better, but in the end I'm a constant Floyd user, so about every week or two I have to unlock the tuning, reset the fine tuners, and retune all over again. If I play for a good hour or two with the whammy heavily, I have to fine tune back up quite a bit.

It's by no means terrible, in fact it's one of the best licensed FR's I've played on; I'd just rather have it as in-tune as possible and get an Original.

Thanks for your help!
Gear:
-Krank Krankenstein JR 50W
-Orange PPC112 w/ Celestion Vintage 30
-Gibson Les Paul Studio (white)
-Gibson Flying V
-MXR Carbon Copy
-Digitech Whammy
-Digitech JamMan
-Boss SD-1
-Epiphone Hummingbird
Well, if it's not set up properly, OFR or not, it'll still go outta tune. But yeah, OFR will most surely fit into an LTD LFR slot.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?