Sup guys?

I find it much easier to make rythms while strumming with the back of my fingers, but when I'm playing a song in wich I have to strum and pick, I obviously use a pick, but in the strumming part, the pick sometimes gets stuck in the dtrings when I'm trying to some more complex rhytms.

i use a medium pick...

any tips?
"Google Images is useless. I used it once to search for a photo of farm equipment and it showed me twenty thousand pictures of horse dicks."
Maybe a lighter guage?
Or choke up on your hold a bit.
Or even pull the pick back a LITTLE bit so not so muchof it hits the strings so it's harder to get caught?
Practicepracticepractice
Quote by identityxcrysis
Maybe a lighter guage?
Or choke up on your hold a bit.

didn't fully understand that part :x
I'm portuguese and I don't know most of the terms in english
"Google Images is useless. I used it once to search for a photo of farm equipment and it showed me twenty thousand pictures of horse dicks."
Quote by EddyPT
didn't fully understand that part :x
I'm portuguese and I don't know most of the terms in english

Agh I'm sorry.
What I mean is, either a lighter guage of picks
Or hold a little more of the pick in your hand, like, exposing less of the tip from out of your fingers.
Try getting you pick to have less contact with the strings,or as the guy above me posted lighter gauge of picks.
~Vince~
Fender MIM Telecaster ('06) [Modded]
PRS S2 Custom 24 ('13) [Modded]
Squier Affinity Fat Strat [Modded]
Yamaha F310

Mesa/Boogie Lonestar 1x12 Combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark V:25

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by identityxcrysis
Agh I'm sorry.
What I mean is, either a lighter guage of picks
Or hold a little more of the pick in your hand, like, exposing less of the tip from out of your fingers.

kk thx

the thing is: if I use a lighter gauge will I be able to pick with that pick?
Try thumb picks?
Weapons of choice-
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Jazz Bass

Favorite genre-

Hard Rock
Hair Metal
Classic Metal
J-Rock

Quote by eminentgonz
Try thumb picks?

never tried them, but my goal is to be able do play with a regular pick xD

thx for the tip