Ah I'm sick of playing my crappy 5 string squier it sounds so choppy! I'm looking for a bass that's pretty affordable (in the 500-1000 dollar range) that is perfect for all types of music especially metal,rock/alternative, hip hop, and funk. I would prefer a 4 string now can I have some reccomendations on basses?
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
cant go wrong with a spector, schector, or an fender. they both got that sleek look and sound great. Schecter studio-5's are GREAT. same with custom-5 or custom-4 or custom-6! haha im a huge fan of schecter. if u want a great sounding bass. honestly.. best thing to do is goto guitar center. or daddys and try out some yourself. WAAAAAAy better than ordering online.
WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
Ah thanks the spector legend 4 LOOKS beautiful i'll try that out
Oooh the P-bass looks good too i shall check them out at guitar center
Is wal still manufacturing?
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
not sure bout wal. but yea just goto guitarcenter and try out every bass that catches ur eye lol. u dont want to buy a bass then go back and play anouther bass and say F*CK i shouldve got this one. that happened to me on my first bass. lol
WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
OH LOL i would of made the mistake thanks for the advice
Since it would be hard to get a spector (not at daddy's/guitar center) I'm feeling this schecter which got unbelievable reviews, perfect for all genres, awsome pickups, and is beautiful check it out http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Stiletto-Elite-4-Bass-Guitar-101310944-i1147950.gc
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Fender Jazz 4 string, either Am. Std, or Mex. Std. You really cannot go wrong, and the jazz bass is often used by slap bassists, and is most definitely versatile enough for harder music, since Timmy C of Rage Against the Machine used one for many years.
Quote by farm_boy
I'm looking at a G&L Tribute L-2500, apparently its extremely versatile, can play any style you could possibly think of.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/GL-Tribute-L2500-Plus-5String-Bass?sku=511120&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=147806167

i agree, this will be my next purchase after my amp
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Quote by Lukeisonfire
Ah thanks the spector legend 4 LOOKS beautiful i'll try that out
Oooh the P-bass looks good too i shall check them out at guitar center
Is wal still manufacturing?

Wal aren't manufacturing at the moment, probably won't be for another year. And you wouldn't be able to get one for your budget anyway lol.

Just make sure you try out a load of basses before you choose anything.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.