Okay so the other day I was bored and listening to my favorite podcast. I decided to make kind of like a parody song; have a guitar and bass and add random lines from the podcast. I sent it to the owner told him the story and said he could do what he wanted with it. He said it was great and hes definitely going to put it on the next podcast. The thing is now I really like the song (especially the catchy bass part) and want to make it a song for my band by removing the podcast parts, making a chorus, and adding drums. Will this ever come back to haunt me? (Aka Will people think I ripped the song off when I actually wrote it, would the owner get mad etc etc)
Well its your song, you do whatever the hell you want with it.

Tell them they can't use it anymore.
Simple.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
I don't care if they use it, I don't care if they profit off it, I just want to be able to keep my music. I think I can resolve this by telling him to link to a myspace page I make in the future with my music on it.
ANy ideas?
Tell him to maybe put you in the credits or something.

But you shouldnt have given him your own original music in the first place without copyrighting it if you thought it was going to be that big of a deal.
Yeah or that, just tell him to you want credit for the piece cause you plan on using it yourself as well.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by aaronob
Tell him to maybe put you in the credits or something.

But you shouldnt have given him your own original music in the first place without copyrighting it if you thought it was going to be that big of a deal.

I'm 15 a copyright would be to hard to obtain
And yeah I thought it was just stupid but now I think the song has potential.

I just want to make sure that when I use it in the future people won't think I stole it. I think I should just have him say my account on the boards name.