Hey all, i have a quick question and i expect an honest answer.

Is it ok for my Stereo speakers (i have a 5.1 channel Yamaha system) to play my guitar out of it? What i mean is, using the headphone jack on my amp and lining it to my receiver and out my speakers.

Thanks guys, i am just wondering this because i don't want my expensive speakers to be damaged.
Last edited by DeadlyDevil1985 at Aug 12, 2008,
might not sound right...
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
I think it might be alright. Speaker systems are designed to have a wide frequency response, so it's not like plugging a bass in a guitar amp. Just don't crank it too loud and be careful.
I run my Vox tonelab through the stereo, and it sounds amazing.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Would it also be alright to use an effects pedal, say the Rp50, doing the same method?

Edit: To nightfire, because it sounds better out of my speakers than my fender frontman 15g.

I need a new amp and this is a quick and cheap solution.

least till i get a job in september.
I run my Toneport through my Surround Sound and it's bitchin'. So just keep the volume low, JUST to be sure!
I tried it out with my old stereo once andyou wont hurt anything by trying it out but it will sound like garbage and you can turn it up as loud as you like electronics engineers are smart enough not to build a unit that could blow itslef up and an unaltered guitar signal is a lot weaker than most rca inputs. I never tried using a pedal though so I don't if that would hurt it or not.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
I tried it out with my old stereo once andyou wont hurt anything by trying it out but it will sound like garbage and you can turn it up as loud as you like electronics engineers are smart enough not to build a unit that could blow itslef up and an unaltered guitar signal is a lot weaker than most rca inputs. I never tried using a pedal though so I don't if that would hurt it or not.

Thanks Canton.
Quote by DeadlyDevil1985
Would it also be alright to use an effects pedal, say the Rp50, doing the same method?

Edit: To nightfire, because it sounds better out of my speakers than my fender frontman 15g.

I need a new amp and this is a quick and cheap solution.

least till i get a job in september.

Oh rp 50 is like a multi fx and moddeler right? didnt recognize it at first. if so that might sound pretty good. I have an old gnx3000 and that sounds better through headphones or audio reciever than through my amp.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
Oh rp 50 is like a multi fx and moddeler right? didnt recognize it at first. if so that might sound pretty good. I have an old gnx3000 and that sounds better through headphones or audio reciever than through my amp.

Yeah, its multi fx, but one of their cheaper models.

It gets here Thursday so i can't experiment what sounds better yet, though.
Quote by gwitersnamps
I run my Vox tonelab through the stereo, and it sounds amazing.

ive also done this with a small amp, made it sound better..
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
It's only really worth doing if your FX unit has some amp/cabinet modelling functions - if it doesn't then it's going to sound like crap.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com