okay.
so this saturday, i have to play guitar for my uncles wedding

there are most likely going to be 200 people there
25% of them, i will have met at least once

now..
im... kinda shy, and ive never really been alone in front of more than 20 people
i felt super nervous in front of those 20

but now, im going to be extremly super mega nervous

everyone keeps telling me ill do fine
and i think i prolly will
but... im still going to be so nervous, im going to be shaking for sure..

does anyone have any tips or anything that can help me?
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

MY STUFF
-Ibanez limited edition RG electric guitar
-Digitech RP250 multi effects
-Digitech DF-7Distortion Factory
-Marshall MG100 half stack
just imagine your in your room playing all by yourself. If it's really bad, just look at your fingers and the guitar.

(That's a horrible thing to do at a real show, but for a wedding you shouldn't be judged too harshly)
Quote by martyr1130
just imagine your in your room playing all by yourself. If it's really bad, just look at your fingers and the guitar.

(That's a horrible thing to do at a real show, but for a wedding you shouldn't be judged too harshly)

ive thought about imagining its just me
but

its way too hard when its accually happening to you, and 200 people are listening

im not exactly worried about messing up
im just not used to being in front of large crowds
im extremely nervous
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

MY STUFF
yeah, it sucks getting over stage fright. im over it though, but i have no better tip than play live as much as you can. Just get used to it you know?
Quote by martyr1130
yeah, it sucks getting over stage fright. im over it though, but i have no better tip than play live as much as you can. Just get used to it you know?

yes...
iver heard that
but
im a 15 year old kid

i always hear that i am extremly talented, esspecially for my age

but..

playing in front of so many people at once...
i wont really have a chance to do it often for a while...

MY STUFF
I do weddings every so often. Do they want you to play during the reception? Dinner? Or for the whole thing?

If you've written some songs yourself that are quite mellow, then definately play those. Not ****ing death metal! - Well, ok may be if it was for a divorce!

Seriously tho, don't take this the wrong way, but ppl won't be listening to you much of the time anyway - they'll be too busy in the middle of a conversation and stuffing their faces you know what I mean?

Now there's gonna be ppl of all ages there, so play stuff that appeals to everyone:

some nice RHCP stuff,
some numbers by The Eagles - Hotel Cali, New Kid In Town,
Eric Clapton Classics like Layla - the acoustic version!
....and evrypne knows some Beatles.

More Than Words - Extreme, you can't go wrong there mate.

Good Luck!
Quote by kidboy
i always hear that i am extremly talented, esspecially for my age

dude, its not that hard, think they are enjoying what youre playing... never be shy infront of audience, you have a talent, JUST SHOW IT!!!!!! you dont have to be nervous to show your talent to the world, do you??