Hello good people, the reason im making this post here is cause i believe its more of a music theory concept rather than a guitar/bass skill. Also i didnt want to make two posts , one in the guitar forum and one in the bass forum.

Here goes.

ps: i know i put the letters are upside down in terms of tabs, but it makes it easy to read and follow for now. till i can understand it.

Guitar (Standard):
6 string vs 7 string

. B
E E
A A
D D
G G
B B
E E

What about Drop?

6 string vs 7 string

. x
D x
A A
D D
G G
B B
E E

What happens in the Xs

And i guess that question would be the same in bass.

And my Second Question.

Tuning for a 5 string bass is BEADG. If the guitarists are playing on a standard b tuning, should the bassist have to go down 5 steps as well or should he stay where he's at.

Oh my i mustve made this so confusing for you folks, sorry.
Quote by greendayguitar
. My drmmer is always like "Man, write something crazy that goes like REEEEE REE REE RE RE RE REEEEEEEEE DOLOWOLOLDOLDOWLWOWJRFDSJKAGLDSAGJKDSAHFJKDSAHGFJDSAHGL... You know?"

torrentleech invite please
Last edited by Marwanbaki at Aug 12, 2008,
With 7 string, it depends on what you want to do. You could do BDADGBE, or ADADGBE, or even GDADGBE. It doesn't really matter. You can tune however you want. ADADGBE is probably the most common if you want it to be drop D. You can also do AEADGBE. This is simply dropping the 7th string to A. 5 string bass doesn't need to tune down to work with 7 string guitar--they both start with BEADG. 4 string bass doesn't NEED to either. It simply depends on the part they are going to play. Though if the 4 string bassist wants to be able to play an octave below the 7 string guitarist, then yes he must tune down to B.
surprisingly makes alot of sense to me. Thanks.
Quote by greendayguitar
. My drmmer is always like "Man, write something crazy that goes like REEEEE REE REE RE RE RE REEEEEEEEE DOLOWOLOLDOLDOWLWOWJRFDSJKAGLDSAGJKDSAHFJKDSAHGFJDSAHGL... You know?"

torrentleech invite please