Generally you'd want to use it with a very clean amp, unless you just want to put it in the effects loop and use the reverb and whatnot. I've had much better luck with fenders when using the amp modeling.
I dont think ill be using the preamp modeling or the cab modeling for that matter. I just want the effects.. maybe the delays/wahs and the overdrive and distortions + the eq it offers.

I guess the amp modeling would make it osund bad as shiz eh?
Last edited by Sumsin25 at Aug 12, 2008,
meh, the wah on all multi effects are crap, and i have played A LOT of them. And overdrive and distortion's will cover up your amps tone. The only time i reccamend a multi effects pedal, and i like them more then individual pedals, is when you want to use them for effects such as delay, chorus, flanger ect...
this is because you can stick it into the effects loop and not loose your tube tone
you'd have to run the 4 cable method to run the overdrives, id say the 6505 the loop works pretty well on that
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
if all your going to use are the delays and the wahs, with an amp that already has lots of gain, than why dont you just buy standalone wah and delay and eq... IT will sound better and be cheaper. I adjust gain during songs with dynamics and volume knob on my guitar (my amp is responsive )

Thats what I don't get about multi FX, people buy them but than realize they only want a few of the features.
Lol, I like the idea of having something to mess around with since you can basically create your own town etc with the gt10. Its mostly going to be a toy but I want to use it for practice and giging as well.

Also, would the gt10 work better on like a randall rh300g3+ solid state?
Quote by Sumsin25
Lol, I like the idea of having something to mess around with since you can basically create your own town etc with the gt10. Its mostly going to be a toy but I want to use it for practice and giging as well.

Also, would the gt10 work better on like a randall rh300g3+ solid state?

You'll mess around with it than get bored with it after like a month.
Listen, Tone shaping will sound more organic coming from standalone pedals that do things well. You aren't going to use all those reverbs and delays and wahs all at the same time because it wont sound good.

I would rather by single pedals that do things amazingly than crappy multifx that do things mediocre.

My reccomendation, would be to get a 5150, an MXR EQ, a Carbon Copy Delay, and a Dunlop 535Q wah and go nuts. You'll have a much better sound and way more tone shaping capabilities that way.
Yes it will. On one condition.

You plug the out of the processor into the FX return on the head. What this does is completely bypass the preamp section of the amp running the digital preamp directly into the power section of the amp. All Gain and EQ on the amp will have no effect. Just use the amps master volume and you will get a great sound. This is a popular set up that a few professional players prefer for their live rig. This will give you all the flexability of the digital preamp but will still have a decent warm tube sound from the tube power amp.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
Quote by Highwaytohell
You'll mess around with it than get bored with it after like a month.
Listen, Tone shaping will sound more organic coming from standalone pedals that do things well. You aren't going to use all those reverbs and delays and wahs all at the same time because it wont sound good.

I would rather by single pedals that do things amazingly than crappy multifx that do things mediocre.

My reccomendation, would be to get a 5150, an MXR EQ, a Carbon Copy Delay, and a Dunlop 535Q wah and go nuts. You'll have a much better sound and way more tone shaping capabilities that way.

Don't tell him what he'll do, you have no idea if it's gather dust after a month. I've know aload of people that find new fun sounds regularly on their Gt8s and never get bored of the things. And the Boss GT-10 is fantastic the effects are quality and the amp sims are good enough to use on backup.

OP go for the Gt-10 I'm getting one to run through my fireball, I've tried the single pedal route, it's alot of money, less options and ALOT of tapdancing and you've got to power them all etc etc etc.

Just make sure to use the 4CM method if you've got a great preamp tone in your amp anyways.
Last edited by Tarzan_man at Aug 12, 2008,
Also.

However if you plan to only use effects and use the amp's tone. Their are much better choices such as

TC electronics G major
Digitech GSP1101
Rocktron Expression.

I have owned all three and I found the digitech to be the best.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12