suck up my pride and go back to this store to buy this amp?

heres the story: me and my bud were in a guitar store and i saw this little bitty vox amp sitting on a shelf. i looked it over, it turns out its just a 10 watt ss amp, but it looks pretty neat, its really light, and its got a headphone out on it; basically its a perfect little amp for me to play with in my dorm (i dont think cranking my hot rod deluxe will make me too many friends, but whatever.). so i asked the owner of the store what he wanted for it. he said he would "take $125 and not bat an eye". so he goes outside and is talking on the phone a bit and smoking a cig, leaving me to contemplate. He finally comes back in and asks me what i think, so i say "well how about $100?" he says "well **** i was enjoying my cigarette" and wWALKS OUT OF THE STORE. My friend, the two other workers in there and I just watched him walk, one of the workers asked "where are you going?" and he just WALKED OUT!!

i was like..."i guess thats a "no" on my offer...oh well bud, lets go." so i wakled out also. i saw him outside and he said "you wont do $125?" i said "i dont need it that bad, thanks anyway," and left.

Now the thing is, i DO have a crate 30 watt rfx (i think thats what it is), but its kinda bulky and the little amp would be nice just to practice with. I can pay the extra 25 bucks to get the little amp, but, again, the question is:

should i stick to my guns and forget the amp, or should i just suck it up and get it?

i cant believe he just walked ou of the store! that ever happen to anyone else?
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
That sucks. I would buy it but definately not from that place. That sort of treatment is completely unnecessary.
08' Fender MiA Strat
Fender Blues Junior
I think you should have a friend buy it for you that has never been in there. That way you never have to show your face to that guy again!
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
You should have taken it and ran when he walked out.

If you want it that bad go for it.
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
For 25 bucks?

Seriously, that's pocket change.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
go back and offer $100 again. see what happens.

if they refuse to take less, and you are really willing to pay $125, then get it.
i dont think cranking my hot rod deluxe will make me too many friends

I disagree, mine has made me plenty of friends =P

but really, you probably should buy it, it's only 25 bucks dude.
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
What a jerk.
None of your amps have an output jack?
If they don't fit headphones, you know you can by a 1/8" to 1/4" converter, put it on the headphones and plug it in.
Wayy cheaper (like, $2, srsly)
i know its only twenty five bucks, thats not the probably, its just that the guy walked out on me! i mean...what person wanting to sell something does that to the customer?! im all for being a bad employee. i was probably the least compitent employee target ever had. i didnt know where anything in that store was, and everyday somebody had to ask me where something was, and everyday i had to tell them "i have no idea", but i was working for someone else. this guy would have directly profited from selling me something, and he does this. idk, i think im gonna just forget it. ill find something better, or just use the hundred to buy an overdrive.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

Quote by alexjulia
howsabout you go get high off of semen and we call it cool?

grow up
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
Quote by alexjulia

what does that have to do with anything?
Quote by alexjulia

...wtf?

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

but really, you probably should buy it, it's only 25 bucks dude.

For 25 bucks?

Seriously, that's pocket change.

READ please, it's $125.
And I think you should probably try and find something else, like a peavey, they're pretty good for the price. $125, or even $100, seems a bit much.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
I dont think youve given enough thought to just pissing off the neighbors with the hot rod. I mean, thats what rock and roll was made for right? Also you should have gone and asked for the manager and piched a bitch about that douchebag and he probably would have given it to you for 100 AND yelled at the guy in front of evrybody which is always entertaining.
125 for a 10w amp is a little too much imo
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
I dont think youve given enough thought to just pissing off the neighbors with the hot rod. I mean, thats what rock and roll was made for right? Also you should have gone and asked for the manager and piched a bitch about that douchebag and he probably would have given it to you for 100 AND yelled at the guy in front of evrybody which is always entertaining.

although i agree with you somewhat on the issue with the hot rod (i will definately be playing it in the room, but i figure not ALL the time, so a little quiet practice amp would be nice), and i agree with the rock n roll thing, here's the thing:

the guy that walked out was the owner of the store. so i was kinda ****ed.

and like i said, ima just buy a tube screamer.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

HAHA, oky sorry to bring this back up, but to the one or two people who saw this thread a few days ago, hers a little more:

i went back to the store with my bud so he could buy this other amp, and the owner recognized us and was like "sorry bud, i was having a ****ty day, that was my bad" basically. i still didnt buy the amp, though he offered to sell it for $112.50 (a whole 12.50 off). i said no thanks and went on. i went though into another store today and saw the same amp sitting on the shelf. i was like "i wonder...hey man, how much you want for this?"

$65. i still didnt buy it b/c i still need to buy books for school, but i laughed my ass off.

again, sorry for bringing this back up, just thought it was funny. for me.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

what is the amp? cause then look at the price online and see if hes over charging or not, also ask to speak to management or one of the higher up guys if you know what i mean.
Quote by alexjulia

grow up!

rape the store dude...

"Google Images is useless. I used it once to search for a photo of farm equipment and it showed me twenty thousand pictures of horse dicks."
Better idea: find this guy again and make him apologize or vow you'll never buy anything from Guitar Center (or whatever store it was) again.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster