Dod 250 Overdrive
sounds tube, but im a tone n00b
Well, Jesus Christ, I'm not scared to die,

I'm a little bit scared of what comes after

Do I get the gold chariot?

Do I float through the ceiling?
Quote by larrythelefty
doesnt your gear section kinda give it away

nope it doesn't thats why you didnt guess.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
I'm going Solid State for a couple reasons. One, I honestly really don't like the tone. And more importantly, the only reason I can see you doing this is to prove that solid states can sound good (which they can). Proving that tube amps can sound bad is stupid since it's kind of a given. Either way, I don't really care as it's not a tone that I hope to achieve.
Quote by Highwaytohell
sounds kind of... crappy so i'm going to say solid state

Don't fellate tube amps too hard, now.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by TheShred201
I'm going Solid State for a couple reasons. One, I honestly really don't like the tone. And more importantly, the only reason I can see you doing this is to prove that solid states can sound good (which they can). Proving that tube amps can sound bad is stupid since it's kind of a given. Either way, I don't really care as it's not a tone that I hope to achieve.

I'm a fan of this analysis.

With that said, this entire thread is meaningless because the quality of the recording equipment plays a huge role in the sound that we are hearing.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
I have no idea but whatever it is it sounded very hollow and too bassy like all the low-end was mushed together. But I don't listen to any metal so I'm not exactly qualified to judge

I did dig the tone on the physical first draft track more but I guess that that might be due to any extra tweaking that you did to it. ^And I agree that these things only show how important recording technique and equipment is.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
I have no idea, it's really tough to determine quality when you're just listening to an audio sample off the internet. When you have a plugged in guitar in your hands it's a lot easier to distinguish between good and bad tone.
Ain't nothin wrong, ain't nothin right, and still I sit and lie awake all night...
I'm not sure exactly what I just heard...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
its y pod running direct
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by sirlimecat
So is this clip solid state or tube can you tell? No post eq'ing was done

www.myspace.com/mikepuszczewicz

The one called hiding.

Nobody cares, thhese threads are getting old.

My instincts say to report this, mods smite me if I'm wrong...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Edit:^come on... Just look at it like it's a game. /edit

There are some very strange volume things going on in that clip. The guitar is getting random volume boosts which makes it hard to listen to...

Anyway, I will always maintain that any streeming audio looses enough of the signal that telling whether its solid state or tube is not realy and educated choice but mearly a guess.

My guess is that it's a solid state or it's a modern tube amp that uses a FET preamp for distortion before it's tube preamp.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by steven seagull
Nobody cares, thhese threads are getting old.

My instincts say to report this, mods smite me if I'm wrong...

seems like some people do care, im sorry for posting sound clips in the gear and accessories? common dude, stop being so uptight.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
I don't think he's being uptight, just stating his opinion on the whole thing. I mean, we're listening through computer speakers, rather than being next to the amp. The SS vs Tube thing dosn't have much to do with it in this case. I go by how it sounds, wether it's SS or tube, and that clip didn't sound good at all to my ears.

JMO Btw.
Quote by caraluzzo
I go by how it sounds, wether it's SS or tube, and that clip didn't sound good at all to my ears.

JMO Btw.

+1

Yeah bro, maybe work on your songs and your tone a little bit. It's all muddled up, and I can't really identify or identify WITH any particular part of that song. It just seems like a semi-random, chaotic ball of mush that's going on there.

Maybe work on the mixing a bit?
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Well if you want an opinion on your tone, I very much disliked it.

It has to be solid state because I couldnt detect any warmth in it at all. It also doesnt cut through the mix, but I think this is mostly because that song hasn't been mixed properly , it's sounding pretty flat and lifeless.

The song itself also has no structure. The main riff is ok but the song just needs alot more thought and work.
this looks like a blatant attempt at advertising your myspace page.

Also, it doesn't matter whether its solid state or tube or hybrid - it sounded bad anyway.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
this is the most thinly veiled attempt at showing off your 'music', use the band promotion forums for that

you wouldnt make this thread unless you have something to prove. i.e. SS can sound good therefore there is zero point to this thread

there is allready numerous SS/tube/moddeler guessing game threads, make one of them with clips on your profile if you want
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.