So I'm planning on buying a Mesa Dual Rec pretty soon (more like next time I go to the store) and I'm wondering what would be a good cab to run with it. I'd like to try to keep it below $1000 dollars but I'm willing to go a little over if it will really make a difference.

I was looking at an Orange but I figured there had to be some other good ones out there. Any help is much appreciated.

Edit: Or would i be best off with going with a Mesa cab?
Last edited by Vos at Aug 12, 2008,
the mesa 2x12 Recto cabs are nice if you don't want a half-stack, they're pretty big for a 2x12 though
I've gone through 4 or 5 heads, and every time i get a different one i try a bunch of different cabs with it, and I've never gone away from my 4X12 rectifier cab. It's just great.
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Quote by cerveza
I've gone through 4 or 5 heads, and every time i get a different one i try a bunch of different cabs with it, and I've never gone away from my 4X12 rectifier cab. It's just great.

i agree 100%

i love the recto cabs,...i have tried many and never found anything better.
I'm assuming you play mainly metal/rock?
What kind of tone are you going for?
If you want a tight punchy cab but still want a lot of low end (not muddy though), I recommend the Genz Benz G-Flex.

Just get the 2x12, It sounds better than any Marshall or Mesa 4x12 I've played through.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
I'm assuming you play mainly metal/rock?
What kind of tone are you going for?
If you want a tight punchy cab but still want a lot of low end (not muddy though), I recommend the Genz Benz G-Flex.

Just get the 2x12, It sounds better than any Marshall or Mesa 4x12 I've played through.

i live in maine and deal with a music store called daddys junky music,..they have several stores through out new england...i had a genz benz 4x12 g-flex sent up from boston,....i was very disapointed,...i thought it would be the answer (i love bass you can feel)...i brought in my head (xxx),..my guitar...and my wallet...

i would suggest you try before you buy.