Well I posted here a while ago about getting a starter bass and amp, and I'm PRETTY sure this is what I'm going to get: an Ibanez Jet King and an Orange Crush 35B. Any comments about my choice? Any other suggestions? My budget is $600 for both, and also my choice here where I live is sort of limited. I couldnt even find some of the suggestions people gave in the last thread . Also, this is sort of my 'secondary' instrument and I DONT plan on upgrading. I will not gig with this and mostly for home practice/recording.
Im not familar with the bass but Ibanez is always a good choice and Im pretty sure Ive read some good things about the amp so I say go for it.
Quote by MushroomPirate
Well I posted here a while ago about getting a starter bass and amp, and I'm PRETTY sure this is what I'm going to get: an Ibanez Jet King and an Orange Crush 35B. Any comments about my choice? Any other suggestions? My budget is $600 for both, and also my choice here where I live is sort of limited. I couldnt even find some of the suggestions people gave in the last thread . Also, this is sort of my 'secondary' instrument and I DONT plan on upgrading. I will not gig with this and mostly for home practice/recording.

I am checking out the orange crush 35b at my local musicstore today (that is if they haven't sold it during my holiday ) so I can tell you about that later...

not familiar with that Ibanez though? can you pass us a link or a picture?

ps. orange amps are really good amps, but not really made for metal (the guitar amps that is, so that's why I am checking out the bass amp today because I play metal).
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I know that the jet king guitar is awesome (Rodriguez-Lopez), but I've never seen a jet king bass.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
I'd get a Line6 POD, if you don't really want to gig with it! They'd also sound WAY better being recorded than a small 35 watter.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410

Does the bass look like this? Damn, I didn't know Ibanez made a bass version. You must post up pictures when you get this bass.

And the Orange crush is a great little amp--very loud, very punchy. Orange makes great amps and this is no exception.
Did they name that amp after the REM song? That's what led me into the thread in the first place. =P
Quote by Yerjam
Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.
REM sucks, they named it after the soda

I didn't know they made a jet king bass, sweet. I want a jet king guitar. You must post a picture when you get it. The orange amp is a great amp for a beginner or somebody who doesn't plan on gigging without mics.
Thanks for all the replies and reassurance :P
So I'm pretty much decided that this is what I'm going to get. I'll post pics when I get it