Well i plan on getting some new strings for my locking tremolo guitar when I break a string.
I used the search bar and didn't find any thread for Dr strings
So any one know if these would be a good set
http://www.guitarcenter.com/DR-Strings-BLACK-BEAUTIES-Coated-Electric-Strings-Medium-Heavy--10-52--456015-i1414649.gc
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
I use DRs on my bass and have no complaints and my friend uses the red coated DRs on his guitar and likes them
Starting bass or just looking for a new one? Here's a suggestion: Go to your local music store and try some out.
What gauge is on there currently - bear in mind that you'll have to adjust the bridge if you change string gauge. If you don't know whatthey are then they're most likely 9's, not 10's.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
DR strings are really good, I've never broken one and I usually beat the hell out of my strings. However, I'd stay away from the black beauties or any of their colored strings. I tried that exact set of strings and they got dull really fast, plus the black coating wore off in spots in like a week which made it difficult to play b/c it was rougher in those spots. I use the hi-beam 12s now, I'd just stick to the good ol normal looking strings if I were you.
ive never tried the black beauties, but i swear by DR tite fits. they are cheap, last fairly long and sound good. im sure there are strings that sound better, but im also sure id pay a good ammount more.
I used Tight Fits for over a year, but after playing them I realized I was getting rust fast. Now I'm using Elixir AR Polys and I couldn't be happier. They're almost twice as much, and they feel different at first, but overall they're great strings that'll last about 3-5 times longer then any other strings I've used.
well I should get black beauties for my acoustic first to see how its feels then if they suck I 'll just get the none colored for my electric
Oh and I'll have my guitar professional set up.
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
DR's are good, im using DR tite fits at the moment, seem to last a while, not as bright or 'sparkly' as ernie balls say, but i dunno, they seems to give a more powerfull attack than EB. Recommended