i plan to put a pickguard on my rg570, which does not come with a pickguard normally. its closest related mode, rg550, does. would it be safe to assume that this pickguard will fit, or that any rg pickguard will fit, or would i have to get one custom-made?

i'm reasonably sure a normal one would fit because it looks like all the knobs and switches are in the same place, but i don't know if it varies from guitar to guitar or not.

help please?
I'm not sure, but you could always make your own if you feel creative.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Stewmaaaac.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Well my guess is your guitar is routed from the back, which means the controls are mounted directly onto the surface of the body, and pickups most likely with mounting rings. Mounting pickups on a pickguard should be no biggie, but the knobs and pickup switch could require some extra routing in the pickguard as they can't be put on the actual pickguard.
That sounds like a good idea, but it could prove to be slightly difficult, probably because of the knobs like Aziraphale says.

I think your gweet is beautiful how it is and probably doesnt need a pickguard. But if you decide to do it im sure it will still be beautiful when youre done.