I've been looking into the blackheart handsome devil head. How is it? If I were to put a pedal in front could i get a decent hard rock tone? Is it enough to play club gigs?
Quote by Narciel
I've been looking into the blackheart handsome devil head. How is it? If I were to put a pedal in front could i get a decent hard rock tone? Is it enough to play club gigs?

I already get a decent hard rock tone out of mine without a pedal. Yes, It's enough to play small to mid size venues..."The 5watt little giant" can almost keep up with a drummer in my opinion...as a reference. If you are referring to getting a metal tone i use a Boss Metal Zone when needed, and it sounds great. It's a fantastic head for the money but has already gone up $50.00 since i preordered mine and may go up even more in the future so hurry!

Cabinet wise i play it through a custom Eminence LadyLuck 2x12 , and a JCM900 stack w/Greens. Sounds amazing but i can't vouch for the Blackheart enclosures as i have'nt used them.
I want a Handsome Devil... I'm planning to buy one by the end of the year.
@ rfawarchild: How much gain can you get out of the Drive knob?
i was going to buy one, but they kept going up in price so i chose not to buy one.
and if your wondering, the sole reason that the prices are going up is to increase profits, not because anything has become more expensive to manufacture or purchase. thats capitalism for you i guess.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I've heard the Handsome Devils on you tube clips and they generally seem to get rave reviews. However, they seem to be perpetually delayed coming from the manufacturing plant. Call me crazy, but I'd really like to plug into one before running out and buying one. What type of music shop typically carries Blackheart products? Only local boutique type shops or mostly larger chains?

The last release date I saw was 9/30/08 so I maybe I should just pipe down and wait a couple of weeks before asking ;-)
Quote by chea_man
i was going to buy one, but they kept going up in price so i chose not to buy one.
and if your wondering, the sole reason that the prices are going up is to increase profits, not because anything has become more expensive to manufacture or purchase. thats capitalism for you i guess.

It's called inflation.

Don't make ignorant remarks about Blackheart they're an awesome company
Quote by JilaX^
It's called inflation.

Don't make ignorant remarks about Blackheart they're an awesome company

Inflation don't happen that fast bud. Whether or not they're a great company doesn't mean they won't jack up prices when they see they have a winner.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by chea_man

More like supply and demand.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
It is a nice amp. With a good overdrive, you can push it into hard rock territory. you wouldn't get a great clean sound but yes, you could gig with it.