Hi , ive got a Kahler trem on my '82 MIJ Fender Strat , and the threads for the locking nut have been stripped a bit , so I cant fasten the nuts tight enough for it to clamp the strings , thus its virtually as if I dont even have the locking nut there.

Is there anything I can do to tighten the hole , or keep them fastened. (obviously I cant just go pouring super glue in there as I have to be able to undo the nuts at any point)

Thanks , Alexander.
" Nature has given us two ears, two eyes, and but one tongue-to the end that we should hear and see more than we speak. "
- Socrates

Winner of the John Lewis and Cambridgeshire Music young musician Award 2008
yeah its the screws used to clamp down the little metal things , Im pretty sure its happened because of over tightening , thus tearing the threads.
" Nature has given us two ears, two eyes, and but one tongue-to the end that we should hear and see more than we speak. "
- Socrates

Quote by ChillofWinter
yeah its the screws used to clamp down the little metal things , Im pretty sure its happened because of over tightening , thus tearing the threads.

Yeah, you'll need to buy new ones, over-tightening will do that to the screws.
new screws arent too expensive.
you can ebay a whole new locking nut for under $15 US
Edit: wow im an idiot , it doesnt even go down into the wood. So its almost definate that its the screws , thanks alot guys.
- Socrates

Last edited by ChillofWinter at Aug 12, 2008,