Hey.

Recently, I got a virus called Virtumonde on my laptop which gives me loads of popups and slows everything down.

Err.. okay. I've already done a system restore to the earliest restore point (9th August) and I still have it. SpyBot didn't seem to do much. And I run AdAware scans daily but it still comes back.

You guys ever had this virus? How'd you get rid of it? 'Cause this thing's a bitch to move..
May you build a ladder to the stars and climb on every rung.
So, thats code for the condom split and you're ****ed?

Or is this serious in which case, I think you may have had the virus longer than you think. I've never got or heard of that virus, though.
As I always say: "Rawr"
I've only had it for a few days. Since early in the afternoon on the 9th, methinks. But the restore point was in the evening. 'Cause I'm sure it came from a file off Limewire that I downloaded that day.
You're probably not big enough for Magnums so I would recommend ribbed for someone in your situation.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Quote by Ace Diddle Dung
I've only had it for a few days. Since early in the afternoon on the 9th, methinks. But the meeting point was in the evening. 'Cause I'm sure it came from a hooker outside a strip joint that I fucked that day.

Fixed
Quote by Mike!
This man IS the truth.

Quote by aznmetalhead93
Walk out naked with a sock around your dick. He'll be so surprised he won't shoot you. Then rape him. Hard. With melted butter as lube.

Join the Xbox Live group
I had this exact same virus. It's a bitch to get rid of. I tried hundreds of solutions including ones from forums etc.. but the only way I got rid of it was to purchase Webroot Antivirus as its the only thing I found that could detect it. I tried AVG, Avast!, Spybot, Adaware. It's about £30 but it's a great antivirus. Completely got rif of it and I have no problems now. Plus when I got Webroot it was only an antivirus and they've now upgraded it with a Firewall.

Edit: and yes I tried system restores which didnt work and running cleaner files in Safe Mode. And I think I got it from downloading torrents. The reason system restor doesn't work is that it uses other system restore points to restore itself.
Last edited by McCheese at Aug 12, 2008,
Put the rolled-up condom, reservoir tip facing away, on the tip of your penis, then roll it down over the shaft.
<Han> I love Hitler
Turns out I already have Spyware Doctor and it hasn't done anything. Both methods from that lin won't work but I still wanna stick to free downloads since I don't have much cash.

Anyone else ever had anything good?
Quote by Ace Diddle Dung
Turns out I already have Spyware Doctor and it hasn't done anything. Both methods from that lin won't work but I still wanna stick to free downloads since I don't have much cash.

Anyone else ever had anything good?

Maybe try what I said seeing as I was in EXACTLY the same position as you?

I know it costs a bit of money but its an investment and it works...
You may wanna consider backing up important files then taking the appropriate steps to format and clean your drive and re-install a fresh copy of your OS.
It may take a few hours if its your first time but it beats laying down money for an Antivirus then install SyGate firewall and something like AVG and scan files before opening or downloading them.
▼▲
Quote by shdowfox17
awesome avatar,denn0069!
Quote by Valo
The most truth I've heard in the pit.
ever.
▼▲
Quote by denn0069
You may wanna consider backing up important files then taking the appropriate steps to format and clean your drive and re-install a fresh copy of your OS.
It may take a few hours if its your first time but it beats laying down money for an Antivirus then install SyGate firewall and something like AVG and scan files before opening or downloading them.

But those antivirus prgrams can't actually detect the trojan when you download it so offer no protection.
?
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass