Ok, even though it says ive been a member for a few years, im really not that good at guitar and dont know much about gear or theory. Ive just had too many things to do aka. study.
So this may sound really stupid but here goes.
I recently bought a floyd rose, something im new to, cause i played a standard trem before that.

My problem is, the bridge of the guitar, is slightly higher than the rest of the body. As in, due to the tension of the strings, the bridge is rising. Is this normal? Cause im just kinda scared that the bridge will snap off or something, and im really not in a position to get it repaired.

Thanks.
No. Go in the back and tighten the screws to pull the bridge down. You may have to get another spring put in later.

EDIT: Let me know if you don't know what I'm talking about.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Quote by ManInAClownSuit
No. Go in the back and tighten the screws to pull the bridge down. You may have to get another spring put in later.

EDIT: Let me know if you don't know what I'm talking about.

you also have to loosen the strings from the tuning pegs so as to keep the correct pitch
play with the springs in the back until the floyd is parallel with the body. if it is not the problem and it is going straight up then the studs are not locked in.
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400