Last week I bought a b-52 AT-112 and I love the sound I can get out of it. I tried running my Pod x3 Live through the effects loop just for the effects and the volume really seems to drop even when connecting the guitar straight into the amp. I've heard b-52 has some quality control issues. I just wanted to know is the loop messed up and if not how do I fix the volume drop off issue.
Gear:
Agile PRS Copy w/ floyd PS-970
Agile TC-730
Gibson SG faded
PODx3 live
B-52 AT-112
Modtones Dynodrive
Boss RC-2
That shouldn't happen ... are you sure the master volume on the POD is turned up? I use my Digitech RP350 the same way with no problems. I leave the master volume on it maxed, the level on the "Direct" amp setting maxed, and regulate master volume with the volume pot on the amp.
I have the master volume max, but I'm running it with the "no amp" setting because I want the distortion from the amp itself. Would that have anything to do with it?
Gear:
Agile TC-730
Gibson SG faded
PODx3 live
B-52 AT-112
Modtones Dynodrive
Boss RC-2
Checked the batteries?
Guitars: Fender Highway one -08, Epiphone SG, Walden acoustic and two parlour-acoustics from the early 30's
Amps: Fender -65 Deluxe Reverb, Marshall Valvestate 8240, Peavey Rage and one unknown one, hehe...
Pedals: Dunlop Fuzzface, Original Crybaby
i have had some volume issue's with bad cables, a lot of people forget to consider this...

but also check and make sure nothing is plugged into the effects loop backwards... lol i've done that before but i was a little drunk... heh whoops...

and the b-52 has send and receive level controls for each part of the effects loop... one might be turned down to much?
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Where should the send receive level controls be at?
Gear:
Agile TC-730
Gibson SG faded
PODx3 live
B-52 AT-112
Modtones Dynodrive
Boss RC-2
send ---> input pedal/output pedal ---> recieve
Quote by CoreysMonster
Ibanez: I am verah good guitah prayah!
*mach 5 speed*
The send and receive level controls are right by the send and receive jacks on the back of the amp. Somewhat recessed black spindles.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by Reildeal
The send and receive level controls are right by the send and receive jacks on the back of the amp. Somewhat recessed black spindles.

Sorry I guess I wasn't clear. I know what and where they are but what should they be set on. I tried playing with the some and it seemed loudest when they were both at 12 o'clock, but they still weren't as loud as say running directly into the front end.
Gear:
Agile TC-730
Gibson SG faded
PODx3 live
B-52 AT-112
Modtones Dynodrive
Boss RC-2
could possibly be your cables. Also, Not all effects units work well through an effects loop.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator