i was wondering..

dunno if right threat or not but lets see...

how can lead guitarists who sing do both on stage at same time..

for example..

knghts of cydonia... " No Ones gonna take me alive " bit with the main chorus towards the end

now how can Matt Bellamy sing and do the main chorus bit on guitar at same time.. i know he was something in his ear like a ear piece but if its that.. then whats going through it?

any ideas?
there called in ear monitors they have what is being played full band come into it so he can himself and the erest, while it takes skill and brain power to overcome doing two things at once

but really that parts actually quiete easy to play and sing at the same time
I youtubed a live performance of them and I noticed the ear piece. He's probably listening to all the other instruments as well as himself so he stays in sync and tune.

As far as playing lead and singing it's just a matter of practice. Playing chords and singing is difficult when you first start to play. Playing leads and singing is the next step. With enough practice a well coordinated person can play leads and sing at the same time.

EDIT
----------------
Damn, Martindecorum beat me lol.
Quote by Javie18
I youtubed a live performance of them and I noticed the ear piece. He's probably listening to all the other instruments as well as himself so he stays in sync and tune.

As far as playing lead and singing it's just a matter of practice. Playing chords and singing is difficult when you first start to play. Playing leads and singing is the next step. With enough practice a well coordinated person can play leads and sing at the same time.

EDIT
----------------
Damn, Martindecorum beat me lol.

Good answer.. thank you very much!

shall have to practice a bit more with that lol