i own a les paul and it has a faulty pickup selector. this problem occurred only recently.

When i switch from bridge to neck position, sometimes the signal becomes lost and there is a huge volume drop. i have to keep on switching back and forth many times to get back to normal volume. the thing is, it happens very unexpectedly, meaning it works fine most of the time. but now the frequency of it happening is increasing.

do u guys know what could be the problem? i'm not very keen to spend more money on repairs since i'm really short of cash. oh, its a gibson so it just shows that they're quality has really dropped since this guitar is like what.. a few months old.

thanks in advance
Open up the control cavities and make sure everything is connected correctly. The selector switch might just need to be cleaned.

New switches are really cheap, you can always just throw in a new one.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Unless you bought it used, it still should be under warranty.

Also, toggle switches are cheap and easy to replace.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
unfortunately, i bought it 2nd hand but it isnt used. the first owner shipped it in from the states and immediately sold it to me. i was foolish not to ask abt warranty and stuff like that. so i dont think my guitar is under warranty. )):

will repairs be expensive for this problem?
my guitar guy would do it for ten bucks. if you needed a new selector that's another ten bucks. that's it. a tech could fix it in less than 15 minutes.
^ As me and FacingUsAll stated, toggle switches are cheap and easy to replace.

Buy some contact cleaner before you look at replacng parts.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
okay the thing is, i've nvr opened up the cavity before. i have no idea what i'm seeing and i dont know what to do with what. i also dont know what is causing the problem.

i'm not to keen on repairs cos the guitar ppl in where i come from are quite notorious for charging high prices towards people who dont know much abt their guitar. i've seen a woman get charged for restringing services for S$25. which is abt 18 USD. just restringing only, strings not included

i wouldnt say i dont know much abt my guitar but i'm just worried they might do the same since u guys say it isnt a big problem and can be easily fixed
Now is as good a time as any to learn .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Luckily for you your p-up selector's going out in a Les Paul. Mine's going out in an Epiphone Dot.

Quote by FloyDZeD
Luckily for you your p-up selector's going out in a Les Paul. Mine's going out in an Epiphone Dot.

ahha sorry what do u mean?
maybe you can have it checked at your local guitar store
~Vince~
Fender MIM Telecaster ('06) [Modded]
PRS S2 Custom 24 ('13) [Modded]
Squier Affinity Fat Strat [Modded]
Yamaha F310

Mesa/Boogie Lonestar 1x12 Combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark V:25

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp