Im looking to buy a 6505 head and a cab at the end of this week. I have about $1875 saved up and I was wondering what kind of cab to get. I was checking prices and I can get a 6505 and a 1960 marshall cab for the same price as a 6505 plus and the peavy cab that comes with it. Is the peavy cab any good? Does the one extra tube in the 6505 plus make a difference?

Also, any other suggestions for a cab + 6505 head combo for $1800 are gladly appreciated. Thank you
Quote by Moggan13
Sig it and i'll give you a blowjob
I personally dont like the peavey cabs, I would either go with the 1960A/B cab or a avatar cab.
"People worry too much about tone instead of just rocking out"
Yeah, ive been hearing about peavy cabs being meh
Quote by Moggan13
Peavey cabs are poor. Avatar and Vader are definately worth a look.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
are you looking for a 4x12 or a 2x12?
I'll just go ahead and jump on the Vader and Avatar bandwagon and recommend that , Also what sound are you going for?
Well, Im currently playing in a metal band thats kinda like an in flames melodic sound mixed with a Black Dahlia Murder/White Chapel sound (if I had to describe it lol). Im looking for a 4x12 cab as well
Quote by Moggan13
The rock/ metal standard would be a cab loaded with v30's
I would recommend an avatar cab loaded with celestion g12k-100's
Vader
Marshall 1960AV
Mesa Boogie Traditional
Framus

Get my vote. I don't have a clue on pricing though
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Do not, i repeat: NOT buy a 1960 A or B. These cabs in combination with the 6505 result in a fuzzbomb. Its better to buy the 1960 AC or AV (or BC or BV): the version with greenbacks/V30's.
The G12T75 speakers arent good with the 6505. Its too much, over the top. Its not a good tone.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl