Page 1 of 3
i work for an company that has offices all over europe and i've noticed the english tend to be pretty nice folks. Just my 2 cents.
Taste like chicken.

Is this really necessary?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
The ones I've met were nice people. And stereotypes can kiss my ass.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
all the english people i've met are cool so i guess they're fine enough with me
(and telling them after i heard their accent i though they were gay canadians never gets old)
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
I think this video sums it up. Just imagine Americans saying it.

Sorry, I couldn't resist
Honestly? We think you guys are better than the rest of the world, but not as awesome as us Americans. No one can do that per our ego's instructions.

EDIT: I forgot a very true quote about British beer:
"American beer may suck, but g**d**n, British women are ugly. It is no wonder your beer is so much better."
-Witch Doctor (not of UG)
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
Last edited by Athetosis at Aug 12, 2008,
They're all really posh. ^exactly
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by GoDrex
I think most americans see the english as our friends. seriously.

Quote by MedicreDemon
They're all really posh.

How does that work?

Apparently you're 'our only ally', so .

Not to be rude, but a majority of us have never even met a British person outside the Web, so don't we have to rely on stereotypes?
Us "British" are wonderful folk!
I also have a soft spot for the Americans, I've never met an unpleasent American person!
Very polite people, with a sense of humor that is very similar to mine (in all its dryness).

Pretty cocky government, historically as well as today. The "British Empire" comes to mind.

Many English on here are very mean and prejudiced towards (United States of) Americans on the board, and generalize our people.

My girlfriend and I might move to England for a few years after college.

Which is funny, because my blood is Irish and Scottish, so I should hate you guys... but I don't.
_______
|||||||||||||||
Quote by dannyisokay
Which is funny, because my blood is Irish and Scottish, so I should hate you guys... but I don't.

No you shouldn't.
Well, I've generally considered them allies, but lately they seem to not be so fond of us. So I don't have the best opinion of them anymore really
As Americans, not many people like us. I'm proud to call the English our allies and friends.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Våd Hamster
Been waiting for this to pop up all day

So was I, and it didn't.

Also I've always wanted a big thread.
Quote by dannyisokay

Why, there is no bad blood between the Scottish, the Irish, The Welsh and the English contrary to what you might hear.
Sure, we do insult each other, but it is just banter, we sure don't hate each other!
Quote by HiImKindaNewAnd
I have no problem with the English, they seem nice.

+1
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
It's way too broad of a group for me to have a general opinion on. Every country has kind people and its fair share of assholes. No need to stereotype.
Quote by Jackolas
No you shouldn't.

Take a joke you queen-worshiping, freedom-hating opressor.
_______
|||||||||||||||
Quote by Jackolas

How does that work?

Hey id dint see we werent friends. <Didnt say* how the hell did i type dint see.

we aren't.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by moleman_1991
Why, there is no bad blood between the Scottish, the Irish, The Welsh and the English contrary to what you might hear.
Sure, we do insult each other, but it is just banter, we sure don't hate each other!

I'm not posting anymore after this, I swear.

Yeah I was joking. Historically the resentment is there. But not today, I'm aware.

Just jokes. Ha-has. Funnies.

But not really funny.
_______
|||||||||||||||
Quote by Wulphy
As Americans, not many people like us. I'm proud to call the English our allies and friends.

I'm happy to call you Americans allies and friends too!
I will always put a person who insults the Americans in their place! We would be a German run country if it weren't for you guys!
All the English people I know are just great people. Their culture is much more developed and integrated into society than ours (Americans) is. But I say this from living overseas, so I really don't know what the situation in the US is right now.
This may be a sweeping generalisation but i think all americans i have ever talked to have started the conversation "i love your accent" I think you americans see us as adorable and i love that. If you want you can pat me on my head and rub me near my special area.
Nothing is worse than the fashionable Anti-Americanism you see these days.

I will say one thing though guys, some of your news-outlets are poor. CBS news.. was watching it the other night (comes on after 12:30 on Sky News sometimes, probably my least favourite British news channel but anyway) and it's like the camera crew think you have an attention span of 2 seconds. The pictures change all the time, I didn't see it rest on one theme for more than 5 seconds absolute max. They seemingly edit what people say so heavily. They were reporting on the recent Georgian trouble and had the headline "So like why the fight?" or something.. then they had someone speaking in English to the camera and a newsreader over the top saying "this man is saying ..." and just simplifying everything he was saying out of context.

It was just hideous, I would probably boycott the news if it was all like that over there. (Not saying it is).
Quote by domino_92
All the English people I know are just great people. Their culture is much more developed and integrated into society than ours (Americans) is. But I say this from living overseas, so I really don't know what the situation in the US is right now.

They take half of our income away in taxes .
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
As an american resident I can honestly say that the british arent too bad. My cousins are british and as long as they arent chavs I love the kids. My scottish cousins.....oooo they hate the english (not really). The rest of my family consists of blue collar white trash folks, but theyll treat the english good if they treat them good.
Quote by Moggan13
Sig it and i'll give you a blowjob
Quote by dannyisokay
Many English on here are very mean and prejudiced towards (United States of) Americans on the board, and generalize our people.

No we're not. Alot of our media, makes it seem so, but we're not.
I'm indifferent.

Yeah, there's culture differences, but we're all just people. The British seem nice, or at least those I've met.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
As an American, I think the english are really cool. They gave us the beatles how could they not be cool?
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
Quote by Jackolas
Nothing is worse than the fashionable Anti-Americanism you see these days.

I will say one thing though guys, some of your news-outlets are poor. CBS news.. was watching it the other night (comes on after 12:30 on Sky News sometimes, probably my least favourite British news channel but anyway) and it's like the camera crew think you have an attention span of 2 seconds. The pictures change all the time, I didn't see it rest on one theme for more than 5 seconds absolute max. They seemingly edit what people say so heavily. They were reporting on the recent Georgian trouble and had the headline "So like why the fight?" or something.. then they had someone speaking in English to the camera and a newsreader over the top saying "this man is saying ..." and just simplifying everything he was saying out of context.

It was just hideous, I would probably boycott the news if it was all like that over there. (Not saying it is).

Sky News is awful and is owned by the same company who own Fox.

BBC News tends to be pretty good, we're just failed by our right wing newspapers.
Page 1 of 3