Poll: Trade the gibson for the musicman?
Poll Options
View poll results: Trade the gibson for the musicman?
YES!
13 27%
hmmmz, doubting
17 35%
hell no!
18 38%
Voters: 48.
I want to trade my 2005 Gibson Les Paul Classic for a Music Man Axis Super Sport. No money will be added.
Good deal or not?
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Aug 12, 2008,
I see people enter the poll, but can you please say why not or why yes?
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
imo, the Music Man axis doesnt look good. i dont like it's curves. the Les Paul is better. well, if you like the axis sport better, do it man.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
depends if you want to stay with a fixed bridge or go on to a guitar with a floyd.
i probably wouldn't trade.
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
Trading away a Gibon Les Paul would be the last thing I'd do. I'd kill my spouse before trading it away.
to me i think they both are fantastic. sound wise. however, i'd take the les pauls killer looks anytime. to me when comparing this 2 guitars, looks become the deciding factor
Is it the hardtail or trem version? I'd personally go for it... it's a lot more unique than the LP, and the resale value will probably end up being better in the long run. Basically, it's got everything the LP does minus the giant slab of mahogany for a body.
^ +1

they probably sound very similar, but i think the les paul is highly over rated and it seems like a lot of people have them. I would go with the MM
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
I'd say it's a good swap the musicman there more my style of guitar and i've heard from reviews and stuff they just play better in general but i think alot of les pauls legendaryness (is that even a real word?) is just hype. And btw don't pay attention to the pole most probably some noobs will come along this post not even read it properly and go oh slash plays les paul i'll vote hell no
*PROFILE NOT IN USE*
Ok guys, thx for the input so far.
The thing is: since that i have my Jackson, i dont play my LP anymore. It's just inferior in any way to my Jackson. The only thing i kept it for is the hardtail. But why keeping a guitar that stands there unnplayed?
I think that when i swap it for the musicman that i will have 2 guitars that i grab to play, instead of just 1.
I do find the LP more beautiful though, but esthetics are nothing compared to quality, tone and playability. Im going to test the MM, and if it has a great tone, and the neck aint a baseballbat, ill swap them i think.

Further input and comments are always welcome!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
The LP is a lot better quality, the SS is just a **** axis don't bother. You could sell the LP then buy a standard axis.
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400
So a standard axis is better than a supersport? Whats the difference?
EDIT: After a look on the Ernie Ball forums i know that the post above is bull****. The supersport is even more versatile than the normal axis.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Aug 12, 2008,
are they both in good condition? if so i would trade-- i know all the gibson fanboys are gunna flame me for sayin this- but gibsons are just a little over rated

p.s. im not saying they are bad , just over-rated!
Quote by takeapicture

YOU CAN ALL SUCK MY 3 INCH WILLY

Quote by primusfan
i'm the one pulling my own pants down in front of people. and i have a small penis.

Quote by imdeth
Penises look much better than vaginas in my opinion. A vagina looks like an axe wound.
My LP is in mint condition, without a scratch. The MM has minor belt scratches on the back (but i dont mind that).
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
well, IMO, the musicman is probably a nicer guitar (subjective, of course), but whether it's worth more is another matter. i know here the musicman goes for maybe £1000-£1300, while a les paul is more like £1500? not too sure on US prices...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Happy Meal
are they both in good condition? if so i would trade-- i know all the gibson fanboys are gunna flame me for sayin this- but gibsons are just a little over rated

p.s. im not saying they are bad , just over-rated!

gibsons are over rated, but the quality of them is still amazing. the SS doesn't have as nice a neck as the standard and it also doesn't come with the OFR like the Standard. the standard also has better electronics.
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400
Quote by Dave_Mc
well, IMO, the musicman is probably a nicer guitar (subjective, of course), but whether it's worth more is another matter. i know here the musicman goes for maybe £1000-£1300, while a les paul is more like £1500? not too sure on US prices...

nono, the musicman new is around £1400, the classic £1200, but second hand they both go for £800-900
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
^ ah, i misread that, i thought you had a standard. if you prefer the musicman, and think you'll keep it, i'd probably do the trade, to be honest.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by acdc51502112
gibsons are over rated, but the quality of them is still amazing. the SS doesn't have as nice a neck as the standard and it also doesn't come with the OFR like the Standard. the standard also has better electronics.

Do you even know what you are talking about?
They have the exact same neck, and the electronics on the SS are better: same volume pot, 5 way switch with coilspitted humcanceling wiring instead of 3 way switch without coilsplit wiring. The SS has a tonepot, and the std hasnt.
So what do you mean, electronics are worse?

Do some research befor you give bad advice please...
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl