I am a beginner and currently have an Ibanez GAX30BK. I am looking at the Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy GX or the Standard Plus Top. Besides the Dirty Finger Pickups (which I am not sure what benefit they would have to me), is the price difference worth it?

I am learning mostly Disturbed, Metallica, GnR, but with some Jet and bands like that thrown in, a pretty wide range. I was going to pair it with the Vox AD30VT amp.

Thanks.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
i think so. cosmetically, the Prophecy has more to it than the Standard like the gold hardware, graphite nut, etc. i'd go for the Prophecy.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
The GX is better. The Dirty Fingers are great pickups, and destroy the ones on the Plus Top. Plus, graphite nuts are good.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Prophecy.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Get the Prophecy. With an ebony fingerboard and 24 frets it should be extremely comfortable.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Supposedly the Prophecy Series doesn't have an ebony fretboard. Epiphone just dyed rosewood boards to make them look like Ebony. The one I played looked like really dark rosewood, didn't feel like ebony. The Dirty Fingers are nice pickups though, a lot better than the stock Epiphone pickups.

If you're looking for an Epiphone with a Graphtec nut, Gibson pups, and a nice figured top check out the link in my sig. It could be exactly what you're looking for