Hey UG people.

I was wondering if anyone had experience in this kind of stuff.
I changed my string gauge on a Floyd equipped guitar from a 10 to a 9 ( wanted to see if it was faster to shred Pantera solo and the like ) but ever sins i installed them it seems the first 6-7 frets Buzz when on gauge 10 they were quiet. Ive adjusted the thrust rod ( Loosening it to make it bow more sins there was less tension on the neck due to the weaker strings ). Not sure where to go from here , the action was perfect with the last strings.

Any ideas ?
uh, i wouldn't have touched the truss rod, instead just slighty raised the action, due to the strings being slightly thinner hence looser.... no?

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
why go to 9's? they feel like your not even playing on anything

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Take it to a guitar tech, unless you know what your doing(and judging by the fact you called it a thrust rod, im guessing you dont) i would recommend messing about with it.
Please take it to a tech before you do some serious damage...and dont play with your truss rod again in ignorance. I don't want to sound high and mighty or anything, but you could do really bad, irreversible damage if you don't know what you're doing.
I had the same problem. Had 10's, switched to 9's. The 9's buzzed and felt like some toy strings so I changed back to 10's and love it.
thinking the same thing right about now , I'm loving my 10s allot more right now , as for those who are scared i break something don't worry about it its an old cheap guitar, if the "Truss" rod would break id just use the guitar for camp fire wood. i Don't see why how you could damage a guitar like that anyways.
Last edited by Mr.Pirate at Aug 12, 2008,
if you overtighten or loosen the neck to much it can snap, or warp severly

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker