ok i was looking into pedals and started reading the rules thread and saw the pitch shifters and harmonizers, i thought they sounded cool and went to look them up on guitar centers site, now i found a pitch shifter
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Boss-PS-5-SUPER-Shifter-Pedal-100705219-i1124484.gc
and it says it does pitch shifts and harmonizes, but im not really sure what the difference between pitch shift and harmonizers are ( i know what harmonizing is though) what is the difference between them, because i didnt understnad what the thread said about pitch shifters but it sounded like something i should try so i went to chck them out online. so is this pedal going to do both or am i reading it wrong.
thanks to anyone who helps
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
pitch shift is like the Digitech Whammy effects but with out the expression pedal. And a harmonizer is what all 80's hair metal bands used in there solos
Essentially, a pitch shifter takes the note you play on your guitar and replaces it with a note shifted up or down a certain interval, so you only hear the shifted note. A harmonizer mixes the original note in with one or more pitch-shifted notes, so you hear the actually note you're playing as well as the harmony note(s) generated by the pedal.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
Quote by Missingno476
Essentially, a pitch shifter takes the note you play on your guitar and replaces it with a note shifted up or down a certain interval, so you only hear the shifted note. A harmonizer mixes the original note in with one or more pitch-shifted notes, so you hear the actually note you're playing as well as the harmony note(s) generated by the pedal.

so basicall one changes the note and the other add the note instead of changing it. ok then.
so is that pedal a good pedal for those two then
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
For $30 more I'd get the Digitech Whammy. Comes with an expression pedal and a load of different intervals to harmonize at.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Quote by Lgndkllr777
For $30 more I'd get the Digitech Whammy. Comes with an expression pedal and a load of different intervals to harmonize at.

that one looks a little bit harder to use, and also what does the expression pedal do doesit mean i can have the octaves turned off. i looked at the picture and only saw the harmonizer and the other settigns were the other settings the pitch shifters or was that jsut the whammy
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724