I was playing a song and tried to figure out the chord progression behind it, and discovered a unusual but still familiar chord. Not sure if I'm missing something obvious, but I've never seen it before. It had the intervals 1 b3 #5.

For the lazy people, here it is with D as the root:

e ------
B ---6--
G ---7--
D ---8--
A ---5--
E ------

And it sounds very familiar if you play this:
Eb major
D augmented minor (?)
C# major
G# major

What's this chord called?
That #5 is far better described as a b6.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.