my bass signal keeps cutting in and out. i think i have a bad cable, because it does the same thing with out it being plugged into the bass.

are there any ways to fix a bad cable? It's a planet waves cable, and it's not that old
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
ya theres a way to fix a cable, buy another one
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
if it opens up resolder if u cant get electric tape and tightly wrape the copper wireing to the metal
Quote by wshnationals
my bass signal keeps cutting in and out. i think i have a bad cable, because it does the same thing with out it being plugged into the bass.

are there any ways to fix a bad cable? It's a planet waves cable, and it's not that old

To OP:

you may have to resolder the contact points of the cable. If you dont have a soldering gun or other tools, you might be better off getting new cables. If you don't want this to happen again or want easier access to the contact points, next time you buy cables try to buy ones that are reshielded and reinforced. It's also a plus if it has the metal, screwable ends for faster access when you need to resolder.
If it's Planet Waves you should be able to get a replacement for free from the dealer you got it from.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
If you have a volt-meter, you can check for continuity to see if there is any break in the cable.

Not that this is your particular problem but I had a head that had a bad input jack that caused the symtoms of a bad cable (cutting in/out). I replaced the jack and all is fine now.

Chris