I only have three pedals to this point, however they are allready getting tangled up and sliding around during band practice, so I've decided im going to build a pedal board. I have a good idea of the pedals i want in the future so i'm building with those planned on the board.

I currently play a peavey classic 30, with a digitech bad monkey and a phase 90 in front of the amp, and a Boss dd-6 in the loop. What i'm thinking of adding to the board is a wah, a footswitch for my amp, an eq, a chorus, a tuner, and a noise gate. Are there any other pedals you guys would recomend for me. I play lead and rhythm guitar in a hard rock, classic rock, light metal band.

Now for the actual build. i will post pictures of the build either after im finished with it all or during the actual build.

I plan on having 2 platforms on the actual board. I wanted to keep the pedals i use in front of my amp separate from the pedals in the loop as best as possible just to keep everything neat. I plan on having the bottom platform rising at about a 10-20 degree angle and it being 12" x 20". I believe this will be enough space to have a wah, tuner, bad monkey, phase 90, noise gate, and my footswitch with some space left over for a few other pedals i may add.

Now i also want a top platform for the pedals i run in my loop. i wanted this one to be flat and only be 6"(but i may go 8", what do you guys think?) x 20". I believe this will have enough space for my dd-6, a chorus pedal(probably either boss or EHX) and an EQ( most likely mxr)

Also i plan on adding drawer handles on each side for added portability. and possibly in the future making a case that latches onto the board for protection, but thats not necesary right now.

I plan on starting the build either tonight or tommorow night, so any suggestions for changes or anything. I am probably using 3/4" ply wood for everything and covering the actual pedal surface with something. What do you guys recomend for covering the board? Also what do you recomend for holding the actual pedals down onto the board?
Well, my board is covered with carpet and I secure my pedals down with Velcro. Good luck wit this build
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
yeah velcro is pretty standard for holding them down, plus its cheap.
I'm building a pedal board in my wood shop class next year, so I'll be watching this thread.
Thanks guys. Im going to the hardware store later to get the remaining stuff i need. how much does velcrow generally cost?

and Sunburst i see you have the nano metal muff. how do you like it. my amp and OD takes me through hardrock but my band plays a few metal songs so i am looking into a distortion pedal now.
Well, I use Velcro from the dollar store and it holds up well as long as you don't constantly move the pedals.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
oh. i wanna try out the metal muff and the rat and maybe an mxr distortion +. My rig gets me great classic rock- hard rock tones. but i need a little metal
update: after obtaining ply wood i drew up my original specs ive decided that they are too small. i upped it to 30 x 12 and 30 x 8 and now those pieces are cut. tommorow im going to the store and picking up some 1 x 12's to do the side panels.
May I ask, out of interest, what store you got the wood at?
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster