I've unscrewed all of the screws on the back of the cab, but the cover won't come off. I've blown the speaker and need to replace it. I don't have a manual. Help? It doesn't look like any other screws are going into the back plate...

Also, what's a little bit higher quality, flat response speaker at 8 ohms that can handle a lot more than 30 watts? This speaker could barely handle 3/4 of the amps volume, and I need this thing full blast to compete with my friend's drum set.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
It must be attached somewhere... are the corner protectors catching it? Do they need to be removed?

Are there side screws that may be attached to something that is attached to the inside of the back cover?

Just keep at it... you'll get it.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
you need a vintage ampeg for loud and good tone, once you play one you will understand but a voxad30 is pretty sweet too

ampegs best v-4, vt-22, vt-40, all guitar amps
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
Quote by higherworlds
you need a vintage ampeg for loud and good tone, once you play one you will understand but a voxad30 is pretty sweet too

ampegs best v-4, vt-22, vt-40, all guitar amps

What does this post have to do with this thread??
My Music
Quote by Firequacker
I've unscrewed all of the screws on the back of the cab, but the cover won't come off. I've blown the speaker and need to replace it. I don't have a manual. Help? It doesn't look like any other screws are going into the back plate...

Also, what's a little bit higher quality, flat response speaker at 8 ohms that can handle a lot more than 30 watts? This speaker could barely handle 3/4 of the amps volume, and I need this thing full blast to compete with my friend's drum set.

Wow how did you manage that? I have mine cranked all the time... it has no problems.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
^trust me, speakers are the least reliable part of any amp...i put a 20w capable speaker in my 2w micro cube and managed to blow it...so i put another one in and it hasnt died yet...there wierd sometimes...

ts, if the back wont come off, try the front panel. try celestion speakers, maybe eminence, and i hear very good things about weber as well
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Well, maybe it's not blown, but it definitely sounds like it. Just all of a sudden, if I turn it really far up, there's a HORRIBLE rattling, scraping sound. Any ideas?

EDIT: Umm... The speaker is reading an average of 5.8-6 ohms? I think it's supposed to be 8. Or maybe I'm utilizing my multimeter incorrectly. Might this have damaged the amp itself, besides the speaker?
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Last edited by Firequacker at Aug 12, 2008,
Could be blown, if the coil smashed backward into the magnet really hard. You would hear that when you push the speaker in and out by hand, though.
My Music
Quote by Firequacker
I've unscrewed all of the screws on the back of the cab, but the cover won't come off.

Try to stick something between the crack of the back cover and the cab to pry it out. I had the same problem removing the cover when i replace the speaker.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass