I recently bought this guitar for $50 bucks at a garage sale. It came with a case, a strap, a slide, and a nice capo, so I got my moneys worth. It has some issues with the bridge, but is a beatiful Hummingbird-style guitar. The tone is great. I was just wondering if anybody else had this kind of guitar or knows what it is worth. I don't want to sell it.

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t335/AcousticSlayer/DSCI0417.jpg

Bad Bridge
http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t335/AcousticSlayer/DSCI0418.jpg
Last edited by AcousticSlayer at Aug 13, 2008,
the bridge looks like it's lifting, but i cant tell because the picture is blurry. if the bridge is lifting then you'll need to get it repaired. take off the strings in the meanwhile.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Of course its lifting... I didn't pay that much for it so I'm not gonna spend $100 dollars repairing it. Taking off the strings would make it worse.
why would taking the strings off make it worse? keeping it ON would make the bridge lift even more. the bridge is put under pressure from the strings. if you keep it on then the bridge may fly off, which isn't safe.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by AcousticSlayer
Of course its lifting... I didn't pay that much for it so I'm not gonna spend $100 dollars repairing it. Taking off the strings would make it worse.

Taking off the strings won't make it worse, but my main question to you is: Why not spend $100 dollars on it? I don't know how much it would cost to do it, but getting the bridge fixed is a good idea, especially if you are going to be playing it, which I assume you will be, or else there isn't any sense in having it. If the bridge is constantly shifting then the thing won't stay in tune, especially with 12 strings that are going to be detuned instead of 6. Plus, if the bridge snaps off while you are playing it then it could really hurt you.

Hell, the thought of retuning the 12 strings all that time would be enough to make me get the thing fixed, let alone all the other reasons.

EDIT: Oh, and if the bridge comes off completely it is most likely going to cost a ton more money to repair than if you go in now and get it fixed before it flies off.

EDIT AGAIN: Oh, and about the value, could you tell us the make and model number? There are a bunch of hummingbird style copies, so knowing the actual model would make it easier to find out how much it is.
Last edited by ReChord at Oct 5, 2008,