I use a gnx2 for distortion and play on the clean channel on amp. I need to know a good amp between 300-450 USD, for good clean. I play old metallica pretty much lol. I play on a mg15dfx i think its called now. I need something louder.
Last edited by Lefty Guitarist at Aug 12, 2008,
epi valve junior. imo it doesn't really react nicely w/ distortion pedals tho.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
forgot to mention, must be 30-60 watts. and when i say i play old metallica i mean not the clean, the distorted and clean. I use the gnx2 for amp modeling and keep the amp on clean, since with gain on amp and gnx2 it buzzez and doesnt sound good.
I prefer blackhearts to Epiphone Valve Juniors because they feature an EQ and a 3W/5W selector.

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Cort G290
Marshall MG100DFX
Maxon ROD881
Dunlop JH-1 Wah
Boss GE-7
Boss Line Selector
Quote by Lefty Guitarist
forgot to mention, must be 30-60 watts.

Why?

Anyway, at that price range you're pretty limited.

Maybe check out a Vox AD50vt?
Roland Cube
Kustom HV65
Peavey Windsor

That's all I can think about in that pricerange.

Edit:

If you can find a Labseries L3 L5 or L7 then get that. You can get them pretty cheap on Ebay or craigslist if you can find one. Those thing's (especially the one with the 15" speaker) sound awesome with multi-fx pedals.
Last edited by icronic at Aug 12, 2008,
Well, if you like using digital distortion, i'd go with something like a Roland JC or a used Fender HRD.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i want to play fairly loud not gig loud but you know what i mean. Edit: how is the 112 valveking combo amplifier? its 50 watts. but ive heard bad things about it so im not sure.
Quote by Lefty Guitarist
i want to play fairly loud not gig loud but you know what i mean. Edit: how is the 112 valveking combo amplifier? its 50 watts. but ive heard bad things about it so im not sure.

For the price? It's decent. In general? Bleh.

The clean channel is functional at lower volumes, but once you turn it up it just goes muddy and gross.

The crunch/lead is actually not bad, suitable for Metallica, but since you've got a multi-fx then that doesn't really matter does it?

Wattage really doesn't count for as much as people seem to think, I've used a 20 watt amp for rooms with 500-1000 people, and the highest I've ever turned it up is about 1/2 way. Of course I do mic it, but with anything over a hundred people you should be doing that anyway since guitar amp speakers only really project sound straight in front of them.

But honestly, if you want something to gig with, save up for a better amp, and only use your fx pedal for it's stomp box and effect models and not the amp models.
I'm pretty sure you will find that you want the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe or something similar.