I have a problem with my telecasters intonation. My high E string is flat from around the 10th fret and up when fretted, but a harmonic at the 12th fret is fine. Ive read guides on the internet, but they only cover 6 saddle style tele bridges, where as mine only has 3 saddles. What should I do to get my intonation right?
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
three saddle tele bridges will never intonate properly, since individual string adjustment is impossible. try to find a balence between each of the two strings on that saddle so each is only marginally wrong
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Do what AngusJimiKeith said ,or buy a six saddle bridge (if you're willing to do that).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The strings wont balance. The E is flat, and whenever I change it, it goes barely sharper, and the b string just says the same.

Is there something im doing wrong? Could the action be doing anything?
Quote by drunkinkoala

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
Yes, if the action is too high then it can change the string length to the fret... causing intonation problems.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
So, since its flat, should I raise the action or lower it?
Quote by drunkinkoala

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
Seems if it was too high, the string would be too long... making the note flat. Lowering the action should shorten the pull of the string and sharpen it slightly.

How high is your action, though? If its already within spec then you shouldn't be messing with it.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
I have no idea how high the action is, but its a stock setup. Although its a fender lite ash telecaster, and ive read reviews saying that the stock setup is sometimes complete bollocks...
Quote by drunkinkoala

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
^any guitar's stock setup can be terrible...but it can also be good. its complete luck of the draw
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
I just tried lower the action, no difference. So i tried raising the action, no difference again.

The E strings inotation is just refusing to change. Is there anything else I could try?
Quote by drunkinkoala

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
truss rod (provided you know what you're doing).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
if you go to fender website support they have set up guides that should help you when i set up mine it helped
Image022.jpg
Attachments:
Image022.jpg