Well, I am playing Peace Frog and after playing it for a while (it goes faster then what I'm used to, I'm fairly new) my wrist starts to kind of cramp up. I can still play but it just hurts. Will I just have to deal with it or are there exercises to help me out?
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
masturbation is a good exercise for your wrist
sorry for the immature comment, it just had to be done...
apart from that, just get a good amount of practice each day and you'll strengthen up after a while
and is it your fretting hand? because I got given an exercise by my bass tutor a few years back where you basically hold a tennis ball and try crush it in your hand but keep attempting like reps if that makes any sense?
When you start feeling pain, stop. The only thing to build speed is practice. Try to play a little faster than your ability each time. I assume you're using a pick - if you're feeling wrist pain using your fingers there might be a technique problem.
Quote by scawti
When you start feeling pain, stop. The only thing to build speed is practice. Try to play a little faster than your ability each time. I assume you're using a pick - if you're feeling wrist pain using your fingers there might be a technique problem.

Nah its not the picking wrist that begins to cramp up. It is my fretting hand. I think it is the excess of hammer ons when I'm not used to hammer ons very often.

Also I am finger picking.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
try scribbling daily just random scribbles, should build up some strength
Quote by sergc118
try scribbling daily just random scribbles, should build up some strength

Like drawing? That actually would probably help because it is my left hand that cramps up and my right hand is more dominant than most other people's because I broke my left arm at an early age and I rarely use my left arm to do anything.
How wide is your strap? If you are using your fretting hand to hold up the neck and fret, its going to strain after a while and force you to have to work harder with your wrist and fingers. A too narrow strap or no strap will cause this issue.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I don't trust these or any type of hand exercise equipment. Heard too many stories of tendonitis forming from my dad's physio.

Really? I would've thought they would prevent it. I guess a physio knows a hell of a lot more than me though, nevertheless it builds wrist/finger strength quite well.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
Really? I would've thought they would prevent it. I guess a physio knows a hell of a lot more than me though, nevertheless it builds wrist/finger strength quite well.

I still feel the best way to build up playing skills is by playing. And what's the point in building finger strength if it ends up hurting?
I've heard bodybuilders take fish oil tablets so their tendons and joints don't take such a beating, maybe look into those.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Fish oil is not a good idea. They are finding that fish oil is highly unregulated and many contain high levels of mercury. Liver replacement from mercury poisoning does not sound fun to me.

Check out some site that have exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS). These will safely build flexibility and strength in your hands.
Quote by tayroar
Like drawing? That actually would probably help because it is my left hand that cramps up and my right hand is more dominant than most other people's because I broke my left arm at an early age and I rarely use my left arm to do anything.

just violently scribble like back and forth not actual drawings just mess, or masterbate, lol it seems what people tell me to do. make sure to eat bananas too, potassium helps prevents cramping or something like that
Quote by IndianRockStar
lol wank moar lol

Seriously, apart from building stamina, loosen your grip. You might be holding the back of the neck too tight.

What he said, wank with your fretting hand, do it vigrorously and often, excercises can be fun.
And loosen your grip, my fretting wrist cramps up if i play powerchords for too long cos i grip too hard. wearing the bass higher also helps, stops your wrist bending too much while you play, that would take some strains off it.