Hi, sorry for the two threads in one day, but I'm in the mood to learn.

I was hoping someone could suggest me some tips and/or exercises that would help with my finger independence.

As always, thanks for any attempts.
Do pentatonic blues scales up and down the neck really fast:

e---------------------------------------5--8
B--------------------------------5--8-
G------------------------5-7-8--
D-----------------5---7-------
A-------5--6--7--------------
E--5--8-----------------------

Just do that back and forth really fast, its good for both speed and accuracy. Also youll be learning the A pentatonic blues scale : D
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I've done that for a couple years now, I was hoping for something a little more advanced. Ideally something that doesn't move in a straight line, as a lot of my practicing is chromatic movement.

Thanks for the help.
^ Apply that to pentatonic shapes 2,3,4, and 5 too. Taking care to find the Eb in each shape....and don't practice fast if you're making mistakes - it's not worth it.

Edit: Just saw post #3. Try 3nps major scale shapes - and variations on them, like ascending and descending in 3rds.
Quote by The_Sophist
I've done that for a couple years now, I was hoping for something a little more advanced. Ideally something that doesn't move in a straight line, as a lot of my practicing is chromatic movement.

Thanks for the help.

try a piece of music. maybe a Bach, or Mozart melody (or whatever interests you). That way you don't give up musicality for the sake of dexterity.

try working on something like this:

shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Aug 12, 2008,
Do 4 String Arpeggios, but alternate pick them.

Like 11 11
10 10
9 9
8 8

Works great for me.