A few months ago I picked up a Crate 120W Half-Stack (I know, I know). Well now that I've done some research, albeit a little too late, I'm looking into selling the SS to go for a tube, but I'm uncertain as to what I should get. I was looking at the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 1x12 and the Deville 2x12. Is the only difference between the two another speaker in the Deville?

My guitars are:
LTD EX-400
American Deluxe HSS Strat (coming soon)

I'm into pretty much every type of music imaginable, from metal to funk to blues to classic rock. So what amp would be the best for tonal variety? I'm not locked into Fender and any other amp suggestions would be welcomed.

My budget is around 800-1000 USD.
look into the blackhearts, Its a 5 watt tube amps, put a OD pedal in front of it and your set.
"People worry too much about tone instead of just rocking out"
Quote by JaredFace
look into the blackhearts, Its a 5 watt tube amps, put a OD pedal in front of it and your set.

+1 for home practice.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Peavey- Ultra, Triple, Jsx (most versatile can do it all and quite well)
Peavey Classic great option but not voiced for metal
Mesa- DC or F series (havent tested them but hear there nice)

Those should suit your needs.....
Throw a Randal RG50tc in the list IbanezPsycho has above. Another one to try. But look used on craigslist first, there are some real finds on that site.
what ibanez psycho said, plus i'd also try a kustom coupe. i wouldn't bother with one of those 5-watters if you have $800-$1000 to spend and need a wide variety of tones.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Peavey- Ultra, Triple, Jsx (most versatile can do it all and quite well)
Peavey Classic great option but not voiced for metal
Mesa- DC or F series (havent tested them but hear there nice)

Those should suit your needs.....

+1 for the Mesa DC series. I own a DC-5 and it's great. It gets great funky cleans and that signature thick Mesa distortion for your metal needs.
Metal and fender don't tend to go together
but like highway said, look at them and also a B-52 at112
Quote by Ghold125
Metal and fender don't tend to go together
but like highway said, look at them and also a B-52 at112

UNLESS ITS A FENDER METAL HEAD!

anyway, I really like the Randall RG50TC, if you get that with a few pedals you are pretty set.

Id recommend a EQ pedal, and a noise gate along with it.
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
Quote by woodsballplayer
UNLESS ITS A FENDER METAL HEAD!

anyway, I really like the Randall RG50TC, if you get that with a few pedals you are pretty set.

Id recommend a EQ pedal, and a noise gate along with it.

Lol I rather have a fender deville and Distortion pedal over that thing lol

Now the EVH 5150III is a nice amp for metal and goes well with Fender
Definitely the Kustom coupe if you have that price range.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
For $800 I'd be looking at 3 amps Seriously try the Crate Vseries and the peavey classics and peavey windsor with built in attenuator. MAybe try a Valveking also. These can all be in the $400 range easily. Great sounds for the price. $800 might get a bit better sound but only a bit.
If I had $800-$1000 I'd save just a little more and get a Carvin V3.

Just my .02

Chris