What is your favourite tuning, or the one you use for most of the time? Mine is Eb.
drop C/drop A
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I use mostly dropped D. I really like being able to double up on power chords with it: 55578x

Most of the songs I write or learn are in dropped D.
standard at 438
Agile ps 900
Washburn Wi
Rogue bass

all running through podfarm platinum XD
uh....standard
lol

EDIT: i dont see the point in tuning any lower than drop D.
if your singer is so bad that you need to tune to drop Z just to make him sound good....GET A NEW SINGER.
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Standard.

I like Eb for the singer/songwriter/ballad kind of stuff on acoustic, because it matches my voice better.
A samurai once asked Zen Master Hakuin where he would go after he died. Hakuin answered 'How am I supposed to know?'
'How do you not know? You're a Zen master!' exclaimed the samurai.
'Yes, but not a dead one,' Hakuin answered.
i usually just use standard tuning, but i also enjoy C standard, and Eb standard.
i don't really like dropped tunings, it feels awkward to me. i only use them to play others' songs.

but by the way, the point of this thread?
Ummmm not sure what it's called, I sort of stumbled upon it myself while i was messing around.

C G D A A D

Very cool tuning.

Other than that, D standard, although now I'm in E standard so I can play along with my jazz teacher.
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Quote by RCalisto
i usually just use standard tuning, but i also enjoy C standard, and Eb standard.
i don't really like dropped tunings, it feels awkward to me. i only use them to play others' songs.

but by the way, the point of this thread?

i agree
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
I like using Eb or standard alot. Occasionally drop Db or drop D but I don't really like drop tunings.
Quote by musicTHEORYnerd

EDIT: i dont see the point in tuning any lower than drop D.

People prefer lower tunings. And about the singer thing, most people only go to Eb to fit the singer, because if they don't fit Eb they're normally kicked out.

Right now D Standard is my friend. On both 6 strings and 7 (ADGCFAD).
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
People prefer lower tunings. And about the singer thing, most people only go to Eb to fit the singer, because if they don't fit Eb they're normally kicked out.

Right now D Standard is my friend. On both 6 strings and 7 (ADGCFAD).

why?
it makes everything sound muddy
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Quote by musicTHEORYnerd
why?
it makes everything sound muddy

Meshuggah, who tune to F Standard, have one of the tightest rhythms I've ever heard.

It depends on the amp. And, deep, crunchy, chugging guitars drive one of my favorite musics: death metal.

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Ummmmmm, the one what normal people use, you know, EADGBe
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Quote by lieutenantnate
dadgad

+1
Mr. Allan wrote:
This is like saying you're not allowed to jerk off over the girl next door unless you have a license and written permission from her. Which, of course, is bullsh*t
Quote by R.D
Ummmmmm, the one what normal people use, you know, EADGBe

Lame excuse for close-mindedness.

Quote by eggsandham2
I'm a standard tuning guy myself, if only out of laziness and saving myself learning a new set of notes/treating my guitar as a transposing instrument or even having a new set of intervals between strings. I can get the job done in standard and I'm used to it. Haven't really messed around in anything other than drop and standard tunings.
i like drop c. my singer can sing a high c no problem so it works well in c minor cuz major 5th is right behind it too plus anyone can hit a g.
CGCFAD
only thing is that when shredding or sweeping i tend not to use my low string cuz my muscle memory is programmed to a standard tuning.
i also like standard tuned d and e
E standard, Eb, Drop D/B Sometimes Drop C when I´m playing Children of Bodom and S.O.A.D. Eb must be my favourite.
B
F#
B
E
G#
C#
[A Portrait For The Deceased]

I swear they just went into the special ed. class and got one of them to slam their foreheads on the keyboard.
I once masturbated on some dudes arm.
Eb Standard.
It's just that a second band I joined in used Eb Standard so I detuned to fit them, then had to tune back up for my original band. When the other guitarist left the first band, I stopped tuning back to Standard as I kept getting tuning stability problems.
Now it's just stuck.
DADGBE
EbAbDbGbBbEb
Standard

Those are really the only three that I use.

DADGBE is my fav tho.
"Dude, you gotta pull an "Axl Rose" on them.
Tell them it's your band, if they don't like it, they can get in line and kiss your ass." ~pablo_arg
i've never ventured beyond D... i wanna try it out, but i dont think my guitars/ amp could handle it. GO STANDARD.

even though it does sound good sometimes.
ps staind also does a couple songs in F or G or somethin down there.
Im a standard kinda guy, but I also really enjoy open D and open G.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
I've had my guitar in Eb standard for a while now. I like it alot. I can get a nice full sound out of lower chords and still play other things. Also if I want to play something in standard that requires open strings I can just put my capo on the first fret and I'm good to go. I'm not really losing anything since i honestly never play on the 21st fret of my guitar, I'm really only gaining a larger range of notes.
Eb standard on my strat for bluesy/classic rock style and also on my acoustics.
D standard or drop C on my EMG81/85 old school yamaha for metal.
Generally, standard. Double Drop D (DADGBD) is also extremely fun to play with, if only for this chord:

D---0------
B---3------
G---2------
D---0------
A---0------
D---0------
A capo used in conjunction with double drop d also adds some variety.
known as Jeff when it really matters