High All , I have a quick one. I just got a Gibson SG about a month ago and noticed it wasn't staying in tune the best. Then I noticed the the stop bar wasn't screwed all the way to the body. Then I saw the strings were going up across the back edge of the bridge before going across the bridge ajustment part that intonates the guitar.
If someone has an idea. I need Help bad. I think it might need a guitar tech.
If someone want to look at it I'll take some Pic's. Thank's A Bunch!
mine had the same problem. next time u change strings, lower the bridge (using the knobs/screws on its base) a little bit. if it still goes out of tune, u may need new tuners. the stop tail not being screwed in all the way is fine tho, never caused me any problems
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Play some DoOOOOOOOOoM with it. It'll fix'r up.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Yea that'll work , vol on 10. No, even with the tail piece all the way down its still hitting bad, it's an SG 1 with the 3rd octive fret. I wonder if to get it intonated thats just the way it is.
no, put the bridge down, not the tailpiece!!!
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Maybe I need to grind some slots in the bridge .
Anyway you've given me some useful info.
Thats a gret qoute by Entwistle I love the WHO.
^ya he was a guest bassist on gov't mule's Deep End Vol. 1, that is the chorus from "same price"....

considering all youve done to that sg by now, id say new tuners may be necessary
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
What's this grinding some slots in the bridge stuff?

If you're not comfortable setting it up, bring it back to the store so that they can do it properly. It's fairly new so I'm thinking you changed something and now can't get it back to the original. I'm thinking the Stopbar won't come loose in a month or even a few years. Before you do something irreversible, think it through.

id take it to a local guitar shop, see if you can get any advice from them
Quote by silentdob
*waits for the legion of Dimebag fans to beat me to death with bottles of Jack*
You can lower the stop piece to the body and wrap the strings over top of the stop piece which should eliminate the strings hitting the bridge before going over the saddles.