Hey!
Does anyone know where to get specifications and any other info on this guitar? Ibanez Les Paul Custom -77... Just got it off a friend as a part payment of a debt, and I know it's a good guitar. It plays real good actually, but I'd like some more info on it really...
Strangers have the best candy...!
Yeah, email Ibanez with the serial number.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
That guitar was one of Ibanez's lawsuit guitars, at a time when Gibson's Les Pauls were of awful quality. The Ibanez Les Pauls were of equal, and sometimes superior, quality to the Gibsons of the time at a much lower price.

Some players prefer the lawsuit guitars to Gibsons even today, like Paul Gilbert.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
the lawsuit guitars are awesome! I prefer them to Gibson and really any guitar.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by Raijouta
That guitar was one of Ibanez's lawsuit guitars, at a time when Gibson's Les Pauls were of awful quality. The Ibanez Les Pauls were of equal, and sometimes superior, quality to the Gibsons of the time at a much lower price.

Some players prefer the lawsuit guitars to Gibsons even today, like Paul Gilbert.

Yup. Then Gibson got heavy-pissed and sued Ibanez's ass off for making such copies. I think tons of small Japanese companies got a lawsuit as well.
Quote by Mwoit
Yup. Then Gibson got heavy-pissed and sued Ibanez's ass off for making such copies. I think tons of small Japanese companies got a lawsuit as well.

Yeah, that and there was the recent case with the PRS single cut which Gibson Lost
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.